Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

3 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Know y’all got great coach over there but he didn’t adjust well in that one and their prayers were answered 

We didn’t play well. Lots of girls it was their first time on the floor there and we had played like 8 games out of 16 days because of the snowstorm, but it just wasn’t our day.

Edited by pioneer42
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I doubt Gibson County overlooks anyone if they make it to state, but I know where you are coming from. We got beat on a buzzer beater last year. That one still stings.

I listened to that one on local radio. I seem to remember that North Greene was behind much of the game and Haleigh Bernard shot a three and that was the game. Those do sting.

13 minutes ago, GCPioneer said:

Westview finishes 2-2 at Nike TOC. That’s a good trip for them out there. Jada and McCall both played well, but also had several role players step up throughout the tournament.

I agree! That 2nd team they played looked like they could be a college team. Some great athletes and competition. Jada and McCall continue to impress! Still hard to believe McCall is only a freshman

1 hour ago, GCPioneer said:

Westview finishes 2-2 at Nike TOC. That’s a good trip for them out there. Jada and McCall both played well, but also had several role players step up throughout the tournament.

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

I agree! That 2nd team they played looked like they could be a college team. Some great athletes and competition. Jada and McCall continue to impress! Still hard to believe McCall is only a freshman

I have no idea if they pull for us at state but I have always liked Westview and have always pulled for them in Murfreesboro and for West TN for that matter. They have a great program there and will be a handful this year. The Simms kid is a player. The Crawford kid at Dyersburg is a Freshman and plays like a senior as well. 

8 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I have no idea if they pull for us at state but I have always liked Westview and have always pulled for them in Murfreesboro and for West TN for that matter. They have a great program there and will be a handful this year. The Simms kid is a player. The Crawford kid at Dyersburg is a Freshman and plays like a senior as well. 

Westview has always supported Gibson Co (except when playing against them lol!). You like to see small town West TN teams at state and successful so you always cheer them on! Yes I agree with that about Crawford. She and McCall went head to head in 8th grade last year but were teammates in AAU!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sportslover88 said:

Westview has always supported Gibson Co (except when playing against them lol!). You like to see small town West TN teams at state and successful so you always cheer them on! Yes I agree with that about Crawford. She and McCall went head to head in 8th grade last year but were teammates in AAU!

That’s right. I have learned you give it 110% and battle hard and see what happens win or lose. You want to win and prepare hard, but you don’t always win.  I agree and support our community when we aren’t playing each other.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

Looking forward to seeing the JSS score.  Hoping we get to face them tomorrow.

1 hour ago, mas1821 said:

JSS up 33-3 on Greenwood, KY at half.  looks like there's gonna be some good basketball tomorrow between Loretto and JSS!

Good win for you guys and South Side as well. What time y’all tip off tomm.?? Any body streaming it?? Sure would love to watch it.