Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

12 hours ago, mas1821 said:

not to mention some insane highlight reel passes..  she probably had 5 blocks too!  

12 hours ago, mas1821 said:

not to mention some insane highlight reel passes..  she probably had 5 blocks too!  

This years team probably moves the ball as well as any I remember. And this is one of our better defensive teams. Enjoy watching them play the game. 

13 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I just rewatched the second half and Gibson County played a lot better in the second half than they did the first. I honestly thought after the first half at the way we played we were going to lose the game and we only trailed by two at half. They just looked like they didn’t want to be there the first half. Now South Gibson played pretty good defense but we made a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes and turnovers. Again, thought South Gibson stalled it a little too much in the fourth. Put a lot of pressure on their girls with only at most a four point lead. But they will learn from this. They are learning they can play with anyone. South Gibson take this game and learn from it. 

Watched the game.  If South Gibson can’t beat GC last night I’m not sure it’s possible for them too.  Worst game I’ve watched them play by far.  Sloppy turnovers, missing numerous wide open shots, gettin beat down the floor for layups etc.   But in the end they once again had Micah hart….  It’s becoming a trend in close games.   She just does what it takes to win the game.  Special for a sophomore.   

51 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Watched the game.  If South Gibson can’t beat GC last night I’m not sure it’s possible for them too.  Worst game I’ve watched them play by far.  Sloppy turnovers, missing numerous wide open shots, gettin beat down the floor for layups etc.   But in the end they once again had Micah hart….  It’s becoming a trend in close games.   She just does what it takes to win the game.  Special for a sophomore.   

I agree. Gibson County played the worse game I have seen them play in two years. First half was the worse half of basketball I have seen in a while. But you know may  be factors I don’t know. Sure didn’t have the energy. They are teenagers and sure didn’t have it last night. But that one is in the books. One thing we did learn last night is that South Gibson is starting to look more like a Summertown team than previous South Gibson teams. Catie is doing a great job with them. Their two freshman looked like juniors and seniors last night  Gibson County’s schedule won’t get any easier as they play at Crockett County Friday and at McKenzie next week and maybe at Huntingdon. Got to learn from these games and surely don’t make these games a habit because they got bailed out. These stretches are where he might have to play some more depth especially if they get sloppy again.

On 1/5/2022 at 1:12 PM, pioneer42 said:

I agree. Gibson County played the worse game I have seen them play in two years. First half was the worse half of basketball I have seen in a while. But you know may  be factors I don’t know. Sure didn’t have the energy. They are teenagers and sure didn’t have it last night. But that one is in the books. One thing we did learn last night is that South Gibson is starting to look more like a Summertown team than previous South Gibson teams. Catie is doing a great job with them. Their two freshman looked like juniors and seniors last night  Gibson County’s schedule won’t get any easier as they play at Crockett County Friday and at McKenzie next week and maybe at Huntingdon. Got to learn from these games and surely don’t make these games a habit because they got bailed out. These stretches are where he might have to play some more depth especially if they get sloppy again.

Pioneer,

I assume you are coming to the McKenzie game.  If so, come over to the radio table and say hello.  I will be doing the broadcast.

58 minutes ago, VOLnWTN said:

Pioneer,

I assume you are coming to the McKenzie game.  If so, come over to the radio table and say hello.  I will be doing the broadcast.

I will. McKenzie is loaded and will be a tough one. I always pick Gibson County but y’all are a really good team and the number 1 team in Single A, IMO. and will be a hard one to win at your place. 

19 minutes ago, ballinup90 said:

Tennessean just announced its Class AA AP polls - any thoughts on these rankings?

1. Loretto 
2. Gibson County 
3. Westview
4. Summertown
5. McMinn Central
6. Gatlinburg-Pittman
7. East Nashville
8. Westmoreland
9. York Institute
10. Huntingdon

I have no problem with it. I do think York and Westmoreland are good enough to win a Gold Ball at 8 and 9 as well as the others. Loretto is the favorite as they got hot last year and have not cooled off at all. Huntingdon and Stewart County are good teams as well in 2 A as it is loaded. Loretto is the favorite, but I can see any of the others getting hot and having a good shot as well. Rankings really don’t mean a whole lot. 

1 hour ago, ballinup90 said:

Tennessean just announced its Class AA AP polls - any thoughts on these rankings?

1. Loretto 
2. Gibson County 
3. Westview
4. Summertown
5. McMinn Central
6. Gatlinburg-Pittman
7. East Nashville
8. Westmoreland
9. York Institute
10. Huntingdon

Westmoreland is far too low, but as Pioneer said..  Rankings really mean nothing.

5 minutes ago, mas1821 said:

Just seeing where McKenzie pulled the upset.  Best time of the year to lose a game if you're a GC fan imho.  Any updates on what transpired?

Great game!   They went back and forth the entire game.  GC got out to a 8-9 lead in the fourth and then McKenzie got red hot from 3 and pulled it out.  Not many are gonna be able to scheme against you better than your son and you can tell as the GC/ McKenzie games are always tough!  Gonna be tough for many singe A teams to beat that McKenzie team.  Especially when that shoot it like that.  GC needs to learn from it and use it.  Like you said, this loss means nothing and can be a good thing.  Congrats on the big rivalry win in Middle Tn tonight! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GlassHouseBound said:

Great game!   They went back and forth the entire game.  GC got out to a 8-9 lead in the fourth and then McKenzie got red hot from 3 and pulled it out.  Not many are gonna be able to scheme against you better than your son and you can tell as the GC/ McKenzie games are always tough!  Gonna be tough for many singe A teams to beat that McKenzie team.  Especially when that shoot it like that.  GC needs to learn from it and use it.  Like you said, this loss means nothing and can be a good thing.  Congrats on the big rivalry win in Middle Tn tonight! 

Agreed!  It can definitely be a good thing!

Thanks!  We threatened to blow it wide open a few times, but Campbell would drain a deeep 3 everytime we did to change momentum enough to keep that from happening.

Our length really frustrated Summertown.