Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

35 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I would bet they will win their Region unless I am missing something and will host the sub-state. We played them last year first game of the year and led by double digits most of the game and won by 7. They had some shooters then. I hadn’t seen them, just been looking at scores this year. Going to be interesting the rest of the way out. Great to have good basketball in the area. Maplewood I think made it last year, but they look down this year.

Yea their whole district & region is down. Whoever we play from the other region will be tough. Page(which made state in AAA) last year, White County, and Upperman will be tough in substate. I hope we can win and host substate. I will take my chances at home 

35 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Yea their whole district & region is down. Whoever we play from the other region will be tough. Page(which made state in AAA) last year, White County, and Upperman will be tough in substate. I hope we can win and host substate. I will take my chances at home 

Creekwood won’t be an easy sub-state opponent. Page and Upperman are good. We played Upperman in Lebanon right before the season started. 

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Creekwood won’t be an easy sub-state opponent. Page and Upperman are good. We played Upperman in Lebanon right before the season started. 

Exactly! Nobody come tournament time is easy. 1 point victory is the same as a 100 point victory. Yea I seen y’all are playing a lot the best 1A, 2A,3A, and 4A talent! That’s why y’all will be ready for tournament time 

23 minutes ago, HawkGuy06 said:

Exactly! Nobody come tournament time is easy. 1 point victory is the same as a 100 point victory. Yea I seen y’all are playing a lot the best 1A, 2A,3A, and 4A talent! That’s why y’all will be ready for tournament time 

I hope so. Gibson County plays the best win lose or draw. Got to dig deep and have that drive. We might lose some more, but as long as we ready for tournaments is all that matters. 

2 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

I hope so. Gibson County plays the best win lose or draw. Got to dig deep and have that drive. We might lose some more, but as long as we ready for tournaments is all that matters. 

Fine line between playing difficult teams too often - kinda wears you down - so it is good and not so good at times - got to have lots of depth which most top teams have but some don’t 

1 hour ago, Jaychapman said:

Fine line between playing difficult teams too often - kinda wears you down - so it is good and not so good at times - got to have lots of depth which most top teams have but some don’t 

Saban plays one of the best teams every year non-conference and still plays the tough SEC and has done well. I see what your saying. Our schedule this year is not as tough as recent years. The Dyersburg’s, Covington’s, Dyer County’s and Greenfield’s are just not as strong this year as years past. We have played worse ball the last two games and have had plenty of rest. I have been fortunate to be around three state championship teams and all three had drive and wanted it. All three teams were  in the gym every time the doors were open working on their game. Never know how it will play out. I know Gibson County probably don’t like losing gate money and will try and reschedule games to make it up. 

Great response by Gibson County tonight. Huntingdon came out on an 8-0 run and Wilkins called TO and went off and they came out of the TO looking like a GC basketball team. Went on a 66-28 run and won 66-34. Had maybe 2-3 TO’s all night it seemed. Great bounce back.

Edited by pioneer42

17 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Great response by Gibson County tonight. Huntingdon came out on an 8-0 run and Wilkins called TO and went off and they came out of the TO looking like a GC basketball team. Went on a 66-28 run and won 66-34. Had maybe 2-3 TO’s all night it seemed. Great bounce back.

Great win and great bounce back. Huntingdon couldnt figure out yalls defensive pressure all night. Madison did a great job taking Lillie Kee  out of the game and GC's zone prevented Sophie Singleton driving to the basket. Great game plan and huge district win for y'all. 

17 minutes ago, rebelman101 said:

Great win and great bounce back. Huntingdon couldnt figure out yalls defensive pressure all night. Madison did a great job taking Lillie Kee  out of the game and GC's zone prevented Sophie Singleton driving to the basket. Great game plan and huge district win for y'all. 

Appreciate it. GC looked really focused tonight. Huntingdon a good basketball team. Showed how good they can be by beating South Gibson and winning their Christmas Tournament a couple of weeks ago. They are young with a really bright future. 

On 1/13/2022 at 12:55 PM, HawkGuy06 said:

Livingston Academy will have a say this year as well. They are back to being a contender after beating Upperman tonight.