Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

On 6/2/2021 at 4:27 PM, Croppygenius said:

Went to Mckenzie's team camp yesterday and saw some pretty good ball. Playing at Bethel I saw Huntingdon, South Gibson, West Carroll, Trinity Christian and McKenzie. Huntingdon has no seniors and can't take care of the ball. Very long team. Can put 4 six-footers on the floor. Young guards are gonna have to step it up. West Carroll had 3 starters out but looked to be better than last year. South Gibson is young but played pretty well. New coach is a homerun hire. Look for her to do really in Medina. Very impressed with her coaching skills. TCA still has their big 3 but their talent drops off pretty quick. Will win a bunch of games. McKenzie is as good a single A team as I've seen in these parts in a long time. So fast and athletic. They have 7 or 8 players that are very good led by Savannah Davis and the Reynolds sisters who are simply outstanding basketball players. I dont know if anybody in these parts can beat them.

Fillies are very young and have a huge challenge moving to 2A.  They would have done really well in 1A the next couple of years.       Missed it by a few kids.  I would give Gibson County the edge vs Mckenzie but it doesn’t matter as 1A girls basketball the next couple of years is gonna be extremely weak with the exception of Mckenzie and a pretty good Gleason team.  Coach Wilkins from Mckenzie will probably take boys and girls both to state tourney.  I agree the girls are the favorites for the gold ball in 1A the next two years.  

On 6/2/2021 at 10:11 PM, pioneer42 said:

McKenzie needs a post IMO but I agree they are really good. I still don’t think they can beat Gibson County day in day out because of that. South Gibson learns how to play fast 94 feet they will be good. They have the athleticism and the speed. They just need to be turned loose. I watched Gibson County beat a good Riverside, AR team by 25 without four girls in their rotation a couple of weeks ago. Look for them to have a couple off the bench that didn’t play in the state to start or play a lot. I have watched both of them play and they are playing well. Gibson County has to have more consistent play at guard and help our PG out to win state. Our Freshman PG was the most consistent guard we had last year. They played well at times but played really bad at times and that has to change. Not a knock on them just reality. I do think they will have the players and depth this year to hold players more accountable when they start hurting the team. And I am not talking about scoring either. It’s ball handling. We shot terrible against North Green, 2-20 from 3 point land, and still only got beat at the buzzer and had 17 TO’s, 8 or 9 in the 4th with a 9 point lead. We handle the ball we win the game probably by double digits because our defense is that solid.

I don’t think post player will matter that much in this new 1A.

28 minutes ago, 1983 said:

I think that’s accurate. McKenzie has to be the heavy favorite in A. I don’t think their lack of post play will matter much because I don’t think any other team in A will have enough guard play to stay with McKenzie. 
Clarkrange, Jo Byrns, Gleason, North Greene, Greenfield will all be solid. Not sure what Pickett brings back. But none of them will be favored over McKenzie

9 hours ago, 1983 said:

9 hours ago, 1983 said:

There will be somebody up there with a big post that will cause problems. Gibson County ran into one last year and Gibson County has a dominant post. There will be somebody you hadn’t heard of that has a great group of talent coming up. Always is. Kinsey Weathers put up 25 against McKenzie last year. Take a good ball handling team like Clay County that don’t have to worry about post defense and guard the three point line and you in a dogfight quick. You better not sleep on Greenfield. The 6’0 Alford from USJ transferred there a few weeks ago and she can play. I do believe they will get there mainly because Summertown and Loretto moved up and there road is easier. I agree they are a really good team that pressures you and shoots the three well but you live and die with the three. They will be 1 or 2 in the polls but it won’t be a cakewalk you guys predict.

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

There will be somebody up there with a big post that will cause problems. Gibson County ran into one last year and Gibson County has a dominant post. There will be somebody you hadn’t heard of that has a great group of talent coming up. Always is. Kinsey Weathers put up 25 against McKenzie last year. Take a good ball handling team like Clay County that don’t have to worry about post defense and guard the three point line and you in a dogfight quick. You better not sleep on Greenfield. The 6’0 Alford from USJ transferred there a few weeks ago and she can play. I do believe they will get there mainly because Summertown and Loretto moved up and there road is easier. I agree they are a really good team that pressures you and shoots the three well but you live and die with the three. They will be 1 or 2 in the polls but it won’t be a cakewalk you guys predict.

I don't know anything about the Alford girl from USJ.  I do know that if Edie Darby has some help, Greenfield is really dangerous.  She's really good, but Greenfield didn't have enough to go with her last year. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Wont be no cakewalk but the Lady Rebels are so fast and athletic plus I was impressed with how well they communicated on the court. They beat a good Trinity team easily Tuesday. I was impressed with the youngest Reynolds girl. Looks like a D1 point to me. She can really push the ball down the court. Saw Gleason at UTM yesterday and they looked pretty good. They did a good job pushing the ball down the court and kicking it out for the three. They actually played pretty fast. Also saw a bit of one of Greenfields games. Afraid they just dont have enough players.

22 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

Wont be no cakewalk but the Lady Rebels are so fast and athletic plus I was impressed with how well they communicated on the court. They beat a good Trinity team easily Tuesday. I was impressed with the youngest Reynolds girl. Looks like a D1 point to me. She can really push the ball down the court. Saw Gleason at UTM yesterday and they looked pretty good. They did a good job pushing the ball down the court and kicking it out for the three. They actually played pretty fast. Also saw a bit of one of Greenfields games. Afraid they just dont have enough players.

I agree that McKenzie is really good, but we seen last year what Loretto did to them down low. My question to them is can they beat a good team that handles their pressure and dictates pace?? Can they score in the half court against a good defensive team?? This is not a knock because I like McKenzie, but we are talking about winning a Gold Ball. Same with Gibson County. Can they get consistent guard play and ball handling not named Micah Hart?? They hadn’t yet. Gibson County I think can win a Gold Ball, but that is there obstacle to work on this summer. Find a good guard that can play team ball and not get you beat with TO’s. 

Upperman will be tough again.

Westmoreland will be good but cant score points they could make it to sub but not likely.

Mcmin. central could very well make some noise.

Macon  is in trouble for about two years and then they'll b back strong. If your gonna beat them better do it this year.

Upperman is my pick to win it all. Great players and size and good coach to go with it.

2 hours ago, bigstick12 said:

Upperman will be tough again.

Westmoreland will be good but cant score points they could make it to sub but not likely.

Mcmin. central could very well make some noise.

Macon  is in trouble for about two years and then they'll b back strong. If your gonna beat them better do it this year.

Upperman is my pick to win it all. Great players and size and good coach to go with it.

Upperman and Macon are not AA