Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

On 6/11/2021 at 6:01 AM, repoman said:

With realignment, York. You heard it here, first.

Yeah you may not be too far off.  I was talking about them back in the first few pages of this thread.   R. Beaty has been putting on a show this summer.   Enough to get an offer from MTSU without ever playing a HS game.  :shock:  That should tell you something.  I liked this team last year but they will be better this year even after losing Johnson.   The rest of the team will be much better.  

7 minutes ago, GHSLadyDevils said:

Some early AA rankings:

I have seen Westview but I haven’t seen Loretto. Know the TN Report probably has seen both. Do think Gibson County and Westview are really close because I have seen both play more than once. Probably take a real good game to beat any of the seven on the list. Loretto is really good I would bet. 

11 hours ago, ballinup90 said:

Westmoreland will be in the top 10 as well. They lost a lot, but have a really good guard and a very solid post player that will carry them. 

East Nashville will also be in the conversation. They played #1 ranked AAAA Beardon very close at MTSU camp.  

We played them a couple of weeks ago and beat them and played every one but the good guard was out and I can see them being very competitive. We played very well that game. They don’t get in a hurry on the offensive end. Have some tall athletic girls.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/25/2021 at 4:40 PM, pioneer42 said:

Summertown will be there too. Rankings don’t mean nothing. I would rather be not ranked or way down personally. 

Our girl Ansley got released and played in Summertown first play days volleyball ( which we swept over Loretto Lawrence Co Springhill & Eagleville) and knee  seemed to hold up pretty good 

The unfortunate thing for Gibson County, Westview, Loretto, and Summertown is that only two of them will make it to state this coming year.  All of those teams will probably be ranked in the top 7 all year and with the new Regions and Substates the rankings really won't matter until the very end of the season.

Westview is tough as always.  I saw them play at Bethel.  We played Gibson County 2 at Bethel, which was basically their JV with a couple of starters sprinkled in here and there.  Loretto is very strong again and maybe a tick better than last year.  Summertown was at Wayne County, and they aren't as strong as last year.  Solid, but they don't have the guard play like last year.  I think Loretto will be at the 'Boro and it will be a slugfest with Gibson and Westview all year.  

1 hour ago, Redrage4life said:

The unfortunate thing for Gibson County, Westview, Loretto, and Summertown is that only two of them will make it to state this coming year.  All of those teams will probably be ranked in the top 7 all year and with the new Regions and Substates the rankings really won't matter until the very end of the season.

Westview is tough as always.  I saw them play at Bethel.  We played Gibson County 2 at Bethel, which was basically their JV with a couple of starters sprinkled in here and there.  Loretto is very strong again and maybe a tick better than last year.  Summertown was at Wayne County, and they aren't as strong as last year.  Solid, but they don't have the guard play like last year.  I think Loretto will be at the 'Boro and it will be a slugfest with Gibson and Westview all year.  

One of Gibson County, Westview, Stewart County or Huntingdon will win the Region with Gibson County and Westview being the favorites. If Gibson County can play like they did at Ensworth this summer they will win it all. Problem is they haven’t played consistent like that.  Who is going to work the hardest in the off-season on their game to get better will likely win the Gold Ball. Right now Gibson County needs to get better in a lot of areas and this is their whole team. Need leadership and working on their games on their own time. Better FT’s, better 3 point shooting, better defense and less TO’s and don’t force things when they are not there. Do think they have the talent to win it all, but don’t know if they want it bad enough and this is not a knock but you have to have a lot of drive, IMO to win it all and I see areas where extra reps in the gym on their own can correct some things. Right now I got Loretto ahead of Gibson County, Westview and Summertown. Watch out for Stewart County. Really good team. Huntingdon will get better as well. Do think if Westview or Gibson County has to go to Loretto they will go down there expecting to win and won’t be intimidated. Didn’t say they will win but it will be a dogfight whoever has to go there if Loretto wins the Region. 

Edited by pioneer42

12 hours ago, Redrage4life said:

Summertown had couple that didn’t play at Wayne but agree this team not as experienced ( how could you be losing 4 starters ) but w new coach inside game seems to be more of a priority - not as fast paced but don’t count them out yet