Never too early....Who wins Class AA 2021-22

mas1821

Just now, Jaychapman said:

Summertown had couple that didn’t play at Wayne but agree this team not as experienced ( how could you be losing 4 starters ) but w new coach inside game seems to be more of a priority - not as fast paced but don’t count them out yet 

Jeremy is a really good coach. Summertown will be fine. 

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

Summertown had couple that didn’t play at Wayne but agree this team not as experienced ( how could you be losing 4 starters ) but w new coach inside game seems to be more of a priority - not as fast paced but don’t count them out yet 

I agree with Redrage that Summertowns guard play is not as good as last year. Not as physical. Today's girls game is very physical, you got to have guards that are strong enough to take and give a beating on the court. Summertown and Huntingdon have the same problem, our guards are not physical enough. Heck Middle Tennessee Christian just plain beat us up in Murfreesboro.

Summertown's guard play will be down compared to last couple years, but mostly just due to youth.  They'll likely start two sophomores at the guard positions.  Both are very athletic and very talented but, like croppy said, they will need to get physically stronger.  Both guards are very good defensively, especially on the ball.  A year from now, guard play will be Summertown's strength. 

Burdette will have to carry a big load for Summertown this year.  She is incredibly talented but has never had to be the focal point night in and night out until this year.  Will be interesting to see how she handles the role.  

I would put Summertown behind Loretto, Westview, and Gibson County from a talent/experience standpoint.  However, if one of those teams doesn't bring their A game, Summertown will have enough to pull the upset

52 minutes ago, maddams said:

Summertown's guard play will be down compared to last couple years, but mostly just due to youth.  They'll likely start two sophomores at the guard positions.  Both are very athletic and very talented but, like croppy said, they will need to get physically stronger.  Both guards are very good defensively, especially on the ball.  A year from now, guard play will be Summertown's strength. 

Burdette will have to carry a big load for Summertown this year.  She is incredibly talented but has never had to be the focal point night in and night out until this year.  Will be interesting to see how she handles the role.  

I would put Summertown behind Loretto, Westview, and Gibson County from a talent/experience standpoint.  However, if one of those teams doesn't bring their A game, Summertown will have enough to pull the upset

I’ll say get a W not necessarily an upset / course on the flip side Summertown could be more susceptible to an L than last few years it’ll be an interesting season for the Eagles unlike the resent past where most games over by half 

23 hours ago, maddams said:

One guard is a Campbell ( Kaley cousin )  the other a Brazier ( Jenna and Reily Sister ) so the genes are there maybe at end of year they’ll figure it out for Summertown 

2 hours ago, Jaychapman said:

One guard is a Campbell ( Kaley cousin )  the other a Brazier ( Jenna and Reily Sister ) so the genes are there maybe at end of year they’ll figure it out for Summertown 

I think they will be dangerous at the end of the year. From a talent standpoint, they are behind Loretto, Gibson and Westview this year. But in a one game situation, they will be good enough to upset any of the three.

46 minutes ago, maddams said:

I think they will be dangerous at the end of the year. From a talent standpoint, they are behind Loretto, Gibson and Westview this year. But in a one game situation, they will be good enough to upset any of the three.

Summertown saw that scenario at state last year 

• 1 month later...
25 minutes ago, SuperFan14A said:

....Westview was a classification bigger. This is their first year back in our classification in years. 

Westview is a good team and looks like they are going to be the favorite. I like Gibson County being the underdog here. What Jaychapman is saying is that Summertown knows what can happen in a 1 game scenario. 

11 hours ago, pioneer42 said:

Westview is a good team and looks like they are going to be the favorite. I like Gibson County being the underdog here. What Jaychapman is saying is that Summertown knows what can happen in a 1 game scenario. 

The freshman guard is pretty good. I will venture to day that Harrison plays a lot off the ball until the "we need a basket" moments.

43 minutes ago, BallIsLife1 said:

The freshman guard is pretty good. I will venture to day that Harrison plays a lot off the ball until the "we need a basket" moments.

No doubt she is good. Lot of good teams in AA. McMinn Central, Westview York, Loretto, Summertown, Gibson County,  Gatlinburg  Pittman just to name a few. 

Edited by pioneer42