6-AAAA

79champs

5 hours ago, ecu said:

Shelbyville will have a very hard time with Webb raiding local talent.

predicting that webb will just be a recruiting problem for a few years and once the travel ball coaching connection leaves it will be back to same webb that two years ago my lady rebelettes beat by forty 

6 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

predicting that webb will just be a recruiting problem for a few years and once the travel ball coaching connection leaves it will be back to same webb that two years ago my lady rebelettes beat by forty 

From all indications they are pumping millions of dollars into their entire program so this is not going to end soon.

1 hour ago, Richmond30 said:

Agree. They are recruiting more than just girls basketball. 

with the drug problems on that campus and turnover in coaching it will not make much difference how much money they throw at the athletics. also non-accredited teaching faculty could be a cause of concern for athletes attending 

19 hours ago, EagleOldEyes said:

with the drug problems on that campus and turnover in coaching it will not make much difference how much money they throw at the athletics. also non-accredited teaching faculty could be a cause of concern for athletes attending 

As the father of a first year Webb School student athlete, I am curious if the comments above are based on first hand knowledge. Drugs unfortunately  are a problem on every campus - private or public. I am sure you are aware of this considering who you root for. As far as academics, I can assure you my freshman daughter survived an academic curriculum this past year that none of her older sisters or cousins ever had to endure in Public school. The 2021 graduates are attending some of the most prestigious universities in our country as others have for decades.

Edited by Champion88

7 hours ago, Champion88 said:

As the father of a first year Webb School student athlete, I am curious if the comments above are based on first hand knowledge. Drugs unfortunately  are a problem on every campus - private or public. I am sure you are aware of this considering who you root for. As far as academics, I can assure you my freshman daughter survived an academic curriculum this past year that none of her older sisters or cousins ever had to endure in Public school. The 2021 graduates are attending some of the most prestigious universities in our country as others have for decades.

as you articulated with the drugs comment 2021 high school graduates throughout the country will attend prestigious universities this year.  some based off merit and some based off privilege. glad your daughter survived her curriculum in a private school without accredited faculty that is not always a easy thing to do when dealing with people not properly trained to educate. i am glad my children are grown and gone because i would say every child survived a curriculum they have not ever seen this past year. not starting an argument this is public knowledge and easy to find.  going from a bedford county or franklin county education in the public sector to a private education would be difficult.  some pay the price so others do not have to and it is a shame that many get blinded by that through winning.  enjoy the spoils but for my money the better athletics is still played on the public fields and always has been in my 58 years on this earth 

On 7/9/2021 at 12:34 AM, EagleOldEyes said:

as you articulated with the drugs comment 2021 high school graduates throughout the country will attend prestigious universities this year.  some based off merit and some based off privilege. glad your daughter survived her curriculum in a private school without accredited faculty that is not always a easy thing to do when dealing with people not properly trained to educate. i am glad my children are grown and gone because i would say every child survived a curriculum they have not ever seen this past year. not starting an argument this is public knowledge and easy to find.  going from a bedford county or franklin county education in the public sector to a private education would be difficult.  some pay the price so others do not have to and it is a shame that many get blinded by that through winning.  enjoy the spoils but for my money the better athletics is still played on the public fields and always has been in my 58 years on this earth 

Have never heard anything negative about the education of students at Webb. As for athletics the girls went from outhouse to penthouse in one year. Their recruiting is not just in Bedford County.

9 hours ago, ecu said:

Have never heard anything negative about the education of students at Webb. As for athletics the girls went from outhouse to penthouse in one year. Their recruiting is not just in Bedford County.

Yes Sir you are correct but it’s the lay of the land now in the Private school divisions. EagleOldEyes was correct when he spoke about public schools. The importance and Pride communities have for their teams is unmatched. Even when our schools struggle ( and mine has recently) we still fill the seats every chance we get….

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/7/2021 at 7:40 PM, ecu said:

From all indications they are pumping millions of dollars into their entire program so this is not going to end soon.

The rumor is that they have had a donor give in the neighborhood of $46 million dollars to the athletics programs and wants them to compete nationally. These coaches that are being hired are also not being hired to teach. They are finding positions for them so that the academics are not effected. Webb is about to be an athletic monster. Turf football field and baseball and softball fields will make it easier to recruit and they aren't only looking at the local kids. The football team as 2 or 3 Bahamians coming in this year. 

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...