6-AAAA

79champs

10 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

Sources out of Manchester are saying that as long as Coffee County wins, they would host all the way through the Region Championships.

Would that be considered a central location according to TSSAA guidelines?  I was under the impression that the semis and  championship might be at neutral sites that are centrally located.  I can't remember how Regions worked when it comes to hosting.  

Will be at coffee county unless district 5 sweep, which isn’t happening 

24 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

Coffee County just cannot get out of the region.  Loses in overtime to McMinn County. 

nothing new being in the same district with this coach now for the last 5 seasons with my granddaughters and watching how they schedule they have unbelievable easy out of district regular season schedules and win big and it is all about him that when big games happen they do not know how to finish seasons in the tournaments.  makes no friends where he goes and gets beat by better coaches and more skilled teams while all he cares about is where he can go after from what I am told by many here in franklin county and coffee wipes it under the rug

23 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

I disagree.  Both Page in AAA and Blackman are championship caliber programs as is Pickett County in 1-A. Is the school supposed to budget more money than allotted to send their team to Chattanooga, Knoxville, & Memphis?  Coffee County had one of the more tougher schedules in the state.  It's not CC's fault that Franklin County & Shelbyville had two of the worst teams in the state this year, and that the inept TSSAA reclassification left them in a district where they had to play these teams 3 times in the regular season.

I agree we were not the best competition for coffee county and have not been for some time now.  but does not mean they could not go schedule some tougher tournament games during breaks rather than go to South Carolina and Alabama and play weak competition.  they annually do this but when playing the likes of a page or Blackman it does not go in their favor.  i would rather be a tougher team in the tournament than have a beefed up regular season schedule with no merit to it.  all I see is their girls got to play one more extra games than my granddaughter this year and I do not have to work concessions at a region game that my family is not playing in.

6 hours ago, ScottyP said:

They didn't play weak competition in South Carolina & Alabama.  Tennessee is a women's basketball state.  They played decent teams.

No team this season blew them out.  Not even Page or Blackman or McMinn County that was fortunate to play their best game of the season while Coffee County played one of their not-so-greatest.  It happens, and then you lose to teams you shouldn't.

correct then we just have this same conversation each year about this same coaches team the last five or six seasons and will continue to have it.  see you back next year to discuss again but as of now it is softball season for my family

Was really frustrated too see our season end the way it did, we scored 2 points in the 2nd period and it was at the buzzer and 20 points total smh. Maybe next season we will schedule a lot tougher, does us zero good to play Siegel, Whitwell and Lavergne. We need to play contenders like Blackman and Oakland. The only top teams we played this year really exposed us 1-7 against Bradley, White Co. and Coffee. We only lose 1 senior so we should be even better next year but plz schedule tougher. Good year by Warren Co standards just a very frustrating end. Gets old watching the tripping and pushing and flagrant fouls when we get behind, would not be tolerated on a disciplined team. Play ball and play it the right way. 2nd place in a 4 team district is not all that great lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 79champs said:

Was really frustrated too see our season end the way it did, we scored 2 points in the 2nd period and it was at the buzzer and 20 points total smh. Maybe next season we will schedule a lot tougher, does us zero good to play Siegel, Whitwell and Lavergne. We need to play contenders like Blackman and Oakland. The only top teams we played this year really exposed us 1-7 against Bradley, White Co. and Coffee. We only lose 1 senior so we should be even better next year but plz schedule tougher. Good year by Warren Co standards just a very frustrating end. Gets old watching the tripping and pushing and flagrant fouls when we get behind, would not be tolerated on a disciplined team. Play ball and play it the right way. 2nd place in a 4 team district is not all that great lol

First of all, Congrats on a great year for WC 24-8, I'll take it. The quote above cracks me up. Last year it was they played a cupcake schedule for wins and went 12-14. This year you say the top teams we played were just those three (and I agree, exposing us-they were more disciplined, way more height, and executed better), BUT now we play a more competitive schedule-and we are still terrible in 79champs eyes. Lets look at the the schedule:

Central Magnet-currently 24-5 district champs, region and substate bound

Whitwell- currently 24-8 district champs, region and substate bound

Notre Dame- 24-11 DII champs, semifinals

Tullahoma- 16-11 R4AAA quarterfinalists

White Co- 23-8 Regional quarterfinalists

Franklin- 17-13 R6AAAA Quarterfinalists

Lawrence Co- 15-12 R4AAA Quarterfinalists, runner up D8AAA

York- currently 23-5 D5AA champs, region and substate bound

Coffee Co- 29-4 D6AAAA champs, regional semis

Cleveland 23-9 R3AAAA quarterfinalists, 10-2 in district (both losses by Bradley)

Bradley currently 29-3 D5AAAA champs, regional and substate bound

We went 11-7 versus this schedule and 10-0 versus Franklin Co, Shelbyville, Lavergne and siegel like good teams are supposed to. So what's your point? Every team schedules easy games because the boys want to play a hard team-it happens plus you need a gimme in there-ask Dodgen, Joe Pat, etc. But for you to talk out both sides of your mouth, congratulating one minute and criticizing the next is just plain stupid! They hosted a Regional game, first time in 10 years; they won the first Regional game EVER since it became 5 on 5!!!!! 1979!! Am I disappointed that we lost that way? Yes. Could we have played better?Yes. These other teams have been here and are used to this pressure-when has Warren Co? This is a big learning curve for these girls. The teams that we went 1-7 against in your post had three things: height, experience in big games, consistency in winning. WC has not seen those things in years, they are trying to start a winning culture and these girls can do that, setting a foundation for it. Some people like you 79champs, talk a great game (on a keyboard), but can't follow it up. Get your facts straight before you get on here. Peace out!

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Warren Co is a AAAA SCHOOL and we need to play quality AAAA competition. Would love to see us add Blackman Cookeville or Bradley next season. Does us zero good to play Siegel and Lavergne. We are a much improved team but after next season it could very well be the bottom again. We are a top 12 program in the state, plz plz, plz schedule that way!!!!