6-AAAA

79champs

5 hours ago, LadyCavsFan said:

White beat Warren by 10  and it was close throughout.  So are you saying that Coffee is better than White County?   

Have not seen White Co. I like Warren , just think Coffee is better. Is it true PG quit for Coffee? If so Warren is much closer.

Honestly…Coffee is equal if not a little better than White. Strong post play but the back court is not as good as White. Warren struggles to defend down low with the lack of size. They have a few players out due to injury but the Gannon girls from Coffee are tough. Still think Coffee beats WC by 10-12 but this team had taken leaps and strides… it’s been 8 years since Warren beat White…It’s a testament to the work these ladies put in during the off season. The best part from Warren is that all of the playmakers are junior class and below, they can only get better.

• 2 weeks later...

Warren has played very well in December and into the new year… they went 3-0 in Tampa and won their bracket with little effort. I think WC can beat Coffee in one of the matchups this year if they continue to play the way they have. WC’s biggest weakness is Coffee’s strength this year so if they can figure out that piece they can hang. I did hear from a trainer that works out a lot of the WC girls that the talented freshman post for WC is expecting to make a full return this week, she has been hampered by an ankle issue stemming from back in AAU that has kept her on the sidelines for much of the season and has only played in small spurts as she continues to rehab. Regardless I think WC finishes this season in second, and at best is 1-2 against CC.

23 hours ago, Tripdub14 said:

Warren has played very well in December and into the new year… they went 3-0 in Tampa and won their bracket with little effort. I think WC can beat Coffee in one of the matchups this year if they continue to play the way they have. WC’s biggest weakness is Coffee’s strength this year so if they can figure out that piece they can hang. I did hear from a trainer that works out a lot of the WC girls that the talented freshman post for WC is expecting to make a full return this week, she has been hampered by an ankle issue stemming from back in AAU that has kept her on the sidelines for much of the season and has only played in small spurts as she continues to rehab. Regardless I think WC finishes this season in second, and at best is 1-2 against CC.

The wins in Florida were not as impressive as the Sonic Shootout IMO.  The bracket they were in didn’t help them much.  But they won convincingly so they did what they were supposed to.   I have stated many times on here that I love the way they play.  They are good enough to beat any team on their schedule (including CC).  And they will be dangerous in post season.  If you want to know why they are doing so well…..just go by the gym on Sunday.  

On 1/4/2022 at 2:03 PM, LadyCavsFan said:

The wins in Florida were not as impressive as the Sonic Shootout IMO.  The bracket they were in didn’t help them much.  But they won convincingly so they did what they were supposed to.   I have stated many times on here that I love the way they play.  They are good enough to beat any team on their schedule (including CC).  And they will be dangerous in post season.  If you want to know why they are doing so well…..just go by the gym on Sunday.  

100% agree on why the team has improved.. they have consistently worked to get better through practice, private sessions/group sessions with Legacy.. if you follow him on socials the girls from WC are constantly working to get better. The scary part about them is they are young, only 3 or 4 seniors on the team so they will continue to improve. It’s been fun watching area basketball and see this team improve.

Edited by Tripdub14

Two top 10 teams face off friday night in Warren Co.  I bet this is the 1st time since girl's basketball went 5 on 5 that Warren and Coffee face each other both being ranked. Congrats to Coach Lippe and the Girl's for turning a doormat into a contender so quickly. Anxious to see how big of a crowd shows up friday night . 

• Upvote 1

Best crowd I have seen at the Dalt in many years, actually it was much larger in the girls game. Thinned out a little afterwards. Hats off to Coffee Co. They say defense travels and it sure did last night. Our girls have Franklin Co on Tuesday and I’m sure they will rebound nicely. I really thought our speed would hurt Coffee but they guarded us better than anyone has all year. It was a struggle just to get off a shot. I was also surprised Franklin Co beat Shelbyville. Still a great season going. 

4 hours ago, 79champs said:

Best crowd I have seen at the Dalt in many years, actually it was much larger in the girls game. Thinned out a little afterwards. Hats off to Coffee Co. They say defense travels and it sure did last night. Our girls have Franklin Co on Tuesday and I’m sure they will rebound nicely. I really thought our speed would hurt Coffee but they guarded us better than anyone has all year. It was a struggle just to get off a shot. I was also surprised Franklin Co beat Shelbyville. Still a great season going. 

Coffee clearly the best team. Not surprised FC beat Shelbyville. 

8 hours ago, ScottyP said:

I'm confused why Coffee County is showing a 68-40 win over Philip Simmons (SC) on December 27th according to the CoachT schedule tracker.  I've tried to find out information on whether or not that game took place short of calling up Coffee County High School to confirm because there are no articles anywhere to suggest that it did.  A recent article on Thunder Radio also mentioned Coffee County as being 16-3, which would mean that the Philip Simmons game would've taken place.  Why would there be nothing on that?

I was told Philip Simmons was originally scheduled for the 28th in the Carolina Invitational but backed out of the tournament completely due to Covid-19, which is why CCHS wound up playing Bishop England (SC) in a non-bracketed game.  Anyone have any info on the accuracy of this schedule showing CCHS at 16-3?  I believe they are 15-3.

The home team phillip simmons high school cancelled because of covid. Coffee got the win 1-0.