6-AAAA

79champs

4 hours ago, 79champs said:

Best crowd I have seen at the Dalt in many years, actually it was much larger in the girls game. Thinned out a little afterwards. Hats off to Coffee Co. They say defense travels and it sure did last night. Our girls have Franklin Co on Tuesday and I’m sure they will rebound nicely. I really thought our speed would hurt Coffee but they guarded us better than anyone has all year. It was a struggle just to get off a shot. I was also surprised Franklin Co beat Shelbyville. Still a great season going. 

Coffee clearly the best team. Not surprised FC beat Shelbyville. 

I'm confused why Coffee County is showing a 68-40 win over Philip Simmons (SC) on December 27th according to the CoachT schedule tracker.  I've tried to find out information on whether or not that game took place short of calling up Coffee County High School to confirm because there are no articles anywhere to suggest that it did.  A recent article on Thunder Radio also mentioned Coffee County as being 16-3, which would mean that the Philip Simmons game would've taken place.  Why would there be nothing on that?

I was told Philip Simmons was originally scheduled for the 28th in the Carolina Invitational but backed out of the tournament completely due to Covid-19, which is why CCHS wound up playing Bishop England (SC) in a non-bracketed game.  Anyone have any info on the accuracy of this schedule showing CCHS at 16-3?  I believe they are 15-3.

8 hours ago, ScottyP said:

I'm confused why Coffee County is showing a 68-40 win over Philip Simmons (SC) on December 27th according to the CoachT schedule tracker.  I've tried to find out information on whether or not that game took place short of calling up Coffee County High School to confirm because there are no articles anywhere to suggest that it did.  A recent article on Thunder Radio also mentioned Coffee County as being 16-3, which would mean that the Philip Simmons game would've taken place.  Why would there be nothing on that?

I was told Philip Simmons was originally scheduled for the 28th in the Carolina Invitational but backed out of the tournament completely due to Covid-19, which is why CCHS wound up playing Bishop England (SC) in a non-bracketed game.  Anyone have any info on the accuracy of this schedule showing CCHS at 16-3?  I believe they are 15-3.

The home team phillip simmons high school cancelled because of covid. Coffee got the win 1-0. 

49 minutes ago, ScottyP said:

But then why is there a documented score of 68-40 on the CCHS schedule?  Where is that coming from?  

Bishop score is on their schedule already.   Not sure what that game or if it was a mistake.  I looked that the game info on the Coacht scoreboard and the game was added by Airball but it doesn't show who posted the final score.   You can request a correction if it is wrong.   There should be a link on the scoreboard at the right of that score for a correction. 

Dang.  Franklin County had to forfeit giving Coffee County the automatic win tonight.  The boys' game has been moved up.

Hopefully those girls in Winchester are okay.  I imagine it's because of Covid protocol.  No fun being sick especially when it does this.  Really feel for the Rebelettes.  I wish they could've just rescheduled but I guess the notification came in too late.

11 hours ago, ScottyP said:

Dang.  Franklin County had to forfeit giving Coffee County the automatic win tonight.  The boys' game has been moved up.

Hopefully those girls in Winchester are okay.  I imagine it's because of Covid protocol.  No fun being sick especially when it does this.  Really feel for the Rebelettes.  I wish they could've just rescheduled but I guess the notification came in too late.

These quarantine policies (which don't work) are killing the games. If you aren't sick you should play.

On 1/21/2022 at 6:29 PM, ScottyP said:

From what I have heard this is misinformation and is not a forfeit but will be made up later.

14 hours ago, ecu said:

From what I have heard this is misinformation and is not a forfeit but will be made up later.

If true, then someone really messed up because some news clips of the game and Twitter feeds are saying it is a forfeit.

https://www.thunder1320.com/sports/basketball-lady-raiders-to-get-forfeit-win-over-franklin-county-boys-game-moved-up/