new location for championship games

TNPaul

I think the TSSAA was over the the Fred Flintstone like condition of the place at Cookeville and a Jumbo Tron wasn't exactly their idea of improvements. Also heard the field wasn't idea either but TTU told them they were going to replace it the year after next season. My biggest complaint was the high winds coming across the area which made a night game very hard to watch especially if it was real cold. My only worry about Chattanooga is if it goes to Memphis sometime in the future. 

3 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I think the TSSAA was over the the Fred Flintstone like condition of the place at Cookeville and a Jumbo Tron wasn't exactly their idea of improvements. Also heard the field wasn't idea either but TTU told them they were going to replace it the year after next season. My biggest complaint was the high winds coming across the area which made a night game very hard to watch especially if it was real cold. My only worry about Chattanooga is if it goes to Memphis sometime in the future. 

Don't think Memphis has even bid on the Blue Cross Bowl

39 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I guess everyone has their opinion, but I really thought that Cookeville did a great job with the games.  I have been to a lot of games since the 70’s, and actually attended one in 1989 at Vanderbilt where you had to break the ice from the seats to sit down.

Edited by TomLHS
  • Like 1