Greeneville 2021

KEV-O

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 9:49 AM, blazer1set said:

How do you GREENEies feel about having Dobyns Bennett back on the schedule?

You probably need to reverse the question out and ask The Indians how they feel about having a decent 4A school on their schedule. For 60 years the Devils played schools 2 and 3 times their size before playing in a division for their actual school enrollment.

A game like this is a no-win situation for DB....   as the 3rd biggest school in the state (https://tssaa.org/2020-fall-enrollments) they should stomp a smaller school like Greeneville.    If DB wins then everybody says "well yeah, look how big they are...", and if DB loses it's "they can't even beat a 4A school."         No matter the outcome DB kinda sorta loses....

On 4/26/2021 at 1:30 PM, blazer1set said:

A game like this is a no-win situation for DB....   as the 3rd biggest school in the state (https://tssaa.org/2020-fall-enrollments) they should stomp a smaller school like Greeneville.    If DB wins then everybody says "well yeah, look how big they are...", and if DB loses it's "they can't even beat a 4A school."         No matter the outcome DB kinda sorta loses....

I would say that the two 4A Schools in our area, Greeneville and Elizabethton, would qualify as one of the outside the norm "smaller" schools.  I forget what the new numbers are but I believe Elizabethton is about 50 kids away from being a true 5A school and Greeneville is about 70.

Then you have Tennessee High on the other end being the smallest 5A school in the state.  I'd say they dodged that bullet being in 5A Region 1 vs. 4A Region 1.

58 minutes ago, formerblazer said:

I would say that the two 4A Schools in our area, Greeneville and Elizabethton, would qualify as one of the outside the norm "smaller" schools.  I forget what the new numbers are but I believe Elizabethton is about 50 kids away from being a true 5A school and Greeneville is about 70.

Then you have Tennessee High on the other end being the smallest 5A school in the state.  I'd say they dodged that bullet being in 5A Region 1 vs. 4A Region 1.

A little off on the numbers but yes I would say both Betsy and Greeneville qualify as outside the norm "smaller" School.  Greeneville has 910 students and Betsy has 856 students.  The largest 4a classification School this Cycle is Anderson County with 1,114 students 2 shy of Tennessee High's 1,116 students. (Over 200 students off from being a 5a school for both teams)  3 Schools decided to move up from 3a to 4a so that bumped Tennessee High to 5a.

38 minutes ago, Swipes said:

A little off on the numbers but yes I would say both Betsy and Greeneville qualify as outside the norm "smaller" School.  Greeneville has 910 students and Betsy has 856 students.  The largest 4a classification School this Cycle is Anderson County with 1,114 students 2 shy of Tennessee High's 1,116 students. (Over 200 students off from being a 5a school for both teams)  3 Schools decided to move up from 3a to 4a so that bumped Tennessee High to 5a.

Little ole Milan with its 573 students won’t have a prayer. :)

6 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

Could be anyone. Lots of tough teams since reclassification. I would say Pearl Cohn or Haywood. I will be happy if my dawgs just make the playoffs. 

Don’t be sandbagging us East Tn folk BPM, I see Milan as the favorite.  

Milan beat Pearl Cohn last year and beat South Gibson twice by at least 3 Td’s, who handles Haywood with ease (52-35).  I know you have the athletes, how many starters back from last year?