Greeneville 2021

KEV-O

17 hours ago, Swipes said:

Go read the Central thread.  What Greeneville has coming back and what Central lost is going to be tough especially the first game of the year for Central.  Two former Players (Craney the Head Coach and Rollins the DL Coach ) know what the Devil's have coming back since both were players when these current Devils were dreaming to get on that field.  Both still have most of their family in Greeneville and have strong ties there

I won’t dis agree with any of this. It is true, lost a bunch of talent these past couple years. Only lost 9 seniors off last years team but all were key contributors including the Fortner’s. Those two CANT be replaced, at least not right now. Return most of the OL and RBs. WRs have been doing well at 7v7 and QBs are doing good. Big question mark is an overall young Defense. Only return like 3 starters on that side of the ball. Greeneville is loaded and my pick to win 4A. Love my Bobcats ,but this is a daunting task week 1.

Edited by chsbobcat09
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, chsbobcat09 said:

I won’t dis agree with any of this. It is true, lost a bunch of talent these past couple years. Only lost 9 seniors off last years team but all were key contributors including the Fortner’s. Those two CANT be replaced, at least not right now. Return most of the OL and RBs. WRs have been doing well at 7v7 and QBs are doing good. Big question mark is an overall young Defense. Only return like 3 starters on that side of the ball. Greeneville is loaded and my pick to win 4A. Love my Bobcats ,but this is a daunting task week 1.

The Fortner's were great players and always fun to watch!  Since Craney was the DC at Central I have followed them and who I pull for every year in 5a.  I live down Broadway (The Fulton Side so don't hold that against me lol) and actually run at Centrals track on the weekends.  I'll be at the game this year and know there will be two well coached teams!  All love from this former Greeneville player to the Bobcats!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, nickleback said:

Lol, watch out for them cyclones, To be the man you have to beat the man right now elizabethton is the man pal.

OK?  What does that have to do with you assuming a poster is from Greeneville. He gave his opinion on a Greeneville thread.

You keep that Big Target on your back because we are coming for you, especially with what we have come back and what Betsy Graduated.  Don't forget Greeneville out gained Betsy by 107 yards in that last game and return all but one starter on O and 2 starts on D. Let me hear who you think is going to replace Hughes, Morton, Morganstern, Garland,  and Erwin?  Whoever step into their place will not be as good as those 5 who have started for Betsy the last 2 years

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

18 hours ago, Swipes said:

OK?  What does that have to do with you assuming a poster is from Greeneville. He gave his opinion on a Greeneville thread.

You keep that Big Target on your back because we are coming for you, especially with what we have come back and what Betsy Graduated.  Don't forget Greeneville out gained Betsy by 107 yards in that last game and return all but one starter on O and 2 starts on D. Let me hear who you think is going to replace Hughes, Morton, Morganstern, Garland,  and Erwin?  Whoever step into their place will not be as good as those 5 who have started for Betsy the last 2 years

Swipes I have no idea who this cat is. All of us that have been here for a long time know the task that lay before Betsy. It’s hard to “3peat”. Greeneville is a tough outing every year. And yes, those five young men are not easily replaced. Have to continue to get better every day, every practice, every game. The Devils success is what has helped push the Cyclones to improve and get where they are. I don’t know of any of the Betsy faithful that think this is anything but what we’ve come to expect these past years. The Devils are not being over looked nor taken for granted I assure you. They have always and will continue to have our respect and focus. I’m just hoping all stay healthy and have an injury free season for all teams.  Looking forward to another awesome year of high school football!  

• Like 1

There is no way of knowing what's going to happen this season with it still July. But it is fun to talk about. Especially right now when the sports world kinda slows down. Not knowing anything about injuries or how good the kid's are that well be new starter's. There is just know way. I think there is positions that elizabethton is better and position's that Greeneville is Better . What's important for the devil's right now is figuring out who should be starting at some positions that are really close. And figuring out how to make sure you get your best player's on the field. The competition in fall camp is no joke there are player battle's everywhere. I Love the depth they have at most spots. But I do worry about the depth up front. And there is a battle at QB as well. With the depth in the backfield and at wide receiver. Greeneville"s success on offense comes down to oline and QB play . If they get good QB play they are going to be a hard out in the playoffs. I have the utmost respect for Elizabethton. And they have won the last two. With a lot if players back. Not as much as Greeneville but still enough coming back to win. I think it's going to be a great Game that could come down to who makes the least mistakes