Greeneville 2021

KEV-O

6 hours ago, Appvol said:

Actually he isn’t a Elizabethton fan. Just likes good high school football. Think Nickleback is from Yancy Co in NC. Mountain Heritage was pretty tough 2a team that will be in 1a with the realignment now.

I actually been living in elizabethton, watch some high school football last season mostly elizabethton and Hampton. Hampton reminds me of Heritage, not as athletic, but same style. Bulldogs will make playoff run this year. As for elizabethton my opinion they don't have as much firepower this year, but their defense is better. They are so well coach, they can beat teams with more talent.

3 minutes ago, nickleback said:

I actually been living in elizabethton, watch some high school football last season mostly elizabethton and Hampton. Hampton reminds me of Heritage, not as athletic, but same style. Bulldogs will make playoff run this year. As for elizabethton my opinion they don't have as much firepower this year, but their defense is better. They are so well coach, they can beat teams with more talent.

Ok I was guessing you were from Yancy Co. Hampton has a good team. 

4 hours ago, noonesfool said:

Classy Post Track. It will be a great game. I’m pulling for no injuries on either team and great football weather as we head towards a classic game for the ages. Great coaches, great tradition, mutual respect and classy ballers set these 2 programs apart from most.

As much as I love EHS I also call it like I see it. I love our team this year and think we got what it takes to 3peat however I also know we lost some key guys that helped us with those b2b titles so this year will definitely be a tougher year than normal. Can't wait to see Greeneville though. Love watching good football regardless of who is playing. 

39 minutes ago, EHSTrack06 said:

As much as I love EHS I also call it like I see it. I love our team this year and think we got what it takes to 3peat however I also know we lost some key guys that helped us with those b2b titles so this year will definitely be a tougher year than normal. Can't wait to see Greeneville though. Love watching good football regardless of who is playing. 

I’m right there with you and it don’t get any better than Betsy vs Devils.

19 minutes ago, BCsportsfan said:

There are a bunch of tough teams in 4A this year. And, right now, I put Besty and Greeneville at the top. South-Doyle looks good, but not the complete team needed to win a championship. 

Cyclones and Green Devils will be a war! And...again in the playoffs.:thumb:

4A is definitely loaded and what if Alcoa would have moved up BC.

5 hours ago, JMorton said:

The Betsy and Gville game will be a battle just as it’s supposed to be. From what I saw last night gville has enough weapons to make up for the Quillen kids parents calling the shots. I hate it for the Cannon kid and any kid getting the shaft cause they don’t have the “right” last name. Sadly it’s something that goes on everywhere. Some places worse than others. I’ve seen MANY examples of it here in Betsy. 

The Quillens must be running the show like the Diamonds at Science Hill

One game and you never know just how good your team is or the team you just played.I really wish I could see everything the coaches see  in practice at Greeneville or in the training room. It was really nice when I had one playing up here in K-town and got to watch nearly all the practices and even  the weight training { most gains for my  Indians was at home }.Still,I could see why this player or that was or wasn't playing most of the time.Some young men shine when the lights are on ,but a multitude of reasons can be why they are coming off the bench.As a parent,it's hard to step back and not be atleast a tiny bit biased,however if you watch enough practices and know the game,it makes it a lot more easy. I like what I seen this last saturday night and know the coaches at Greeneville have forgotten more then Batman knows about the game of football,so I'll leave that up to them in the coming weeks to deal with the very tough schedule and prepare the team for a playoff run.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

One game and you never know just how good your team is or the team you just played.I really wish I could see everything the coaches see  in practice at Greeneville or in the training room. It was really nice when I had one playing up here in K-town and got to watch nearly all the practices and even  the weight training { most gains for my  Indians was at home }.Still,I could see why this player or that was or wasn't playing most of the time.Some young men shine when the lights are on ,but a multitude of reasons can be why they are coming off the bench.As a parent,it's hard to step back and not be atleast a tiny bit biased,however if you watch enough practices and know the game,it makes it a lot more easy. I like what I seen this last saturday night and know the coaches at Greeneville have forgotten more then Batman knows about the game of football,so I'll leave that up to them in the coming weeks to deal with the very tough schedule and prepare the team for a playoff run.

I think the Quillen kid is 1000x better than Cannon. Quillen would start even if his parents weren’t calling the shots. Cannon would make a good qb at North Greene where he is zoned anyways. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, baldeagle22 said:

I think the Quillen kid is 1000x better than Cannon. Quillen would start even if his parents weren’t calling the shots. Cannon would make a good qb at North Greene where he is zoned anyways. 

I don't believe I called out any player or any position played by any player.I simply said I'd like to see every thing the coaches see and that has nothing to do with any one player.I'll leave who plays up to the coaches,nomatter what side of the ball because that's there job.I can watch a game and see for myself if our defensive front is blowing up their offense or our O line is blowing open big lanes to run through.I can see all of that and every spot on the field.I can say there wasn't any place that the Devils didn't look pretty darn good nomatter if it was the first guys in the game or those that played at the end.Also I'll take either QB and neither was 1000x better then the other,they both looked pretty darn good in a big win.On top of that,you need atleast two good QB's ready to play at all times.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, baldeagle22 said:

Well you just lost all credibility with your first sentence. 1000x better, Really?   Both QB plays Great and combined to go 13-20 for 279 Yards and 3Td's and both played against Central's first team.  In my opinion Cannon has the stronger arm and Quillen probably has the better running ability and bigger game experience since he got the start after Drew went down last year.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2