Greeneville 2021

KEV-O

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Absolutely Batman, same respect to Greeneville and Besty. I still can not understand what Alcoa stayed in 3A??

With fewer 3A schools in region, scheduling has been an uphill battle. The F5 will play with just 9 regular season games. Even thou Besty with only 9 games and the same 10-8 week open? It would not come together? 

With this Classification cycle only being for two years, I'm hoping Alcoa could jump to 4A and at least have 5 regional teams and with Maryville, only have to find 4 OOR games. The thought is force teams to play by being in region. Example, Region 2 would be, Alcoa Carter, South-Doyle, Fulton, Anderson County, Gibbs and Scott County. The region 2 winner play Region 1 winner, third round of playoff's.

BC I really thought Alcoa would move to 4a and Betsy must be scared of the Tornadoes!!

11 hours ago, lawnman said:

BC I really thought Alcoa would move to 4a and Betsy must be scared of the Tornadoes!!

I know your kidding because Greeneville and Elizabethton both played up against much bigger schools in the area for decades.One thing about the young men from all three of these schools,they are not scared of a fight.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lawnman said:

Lawnman, I would not say "scared". Look at this season's schedule for the Cyclones.....If you put Alcoa on the schedule on 10-8 it would be brutal. For any 4A team. Start out with 6A SH, then play Greeneville, Rhea Co, and Anderson Co. before that date. So, I can understand. But, I would love to see that match-up.:thumb:

• Like 2

9 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

Lawnman, I would not say "scared". Look at this season's schedule for the Cyclones.....If you put Alcoa on the schedule on 10-8 it would be brutal. For any 4A team. Start out with 6A SH, then play Greeneville, Rhea Co, and Anderson Co. before that date. So, I can understand. But, I would love to see that match-up.:thumb:

I agree BC and the Cyclones will be tested this year for sure.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

I know your kidding because Greeneville and Elizabethton both played up against much bigger schools in the area for decades.One thing about the young men from all three of these schools,they are not scared of a fight.

Yea was just messing around a little Batman!!

6 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

I just dont see why you want a 9 game schedule when their is a perfectly good team to play you figure they'd want the kids to play as many games as possible and be battle tested come playoff time and who better than to play your old semi final rival Alcoa it would be 4a vs 3a Champs 

This GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

9 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

I just dont see why you want a 9 game schedule when their is a perfectly good team to play you figure they'd want the kids to play as many games as possible and be battle tested come playoff time and who better than to play your old semi final rival Alcoa it would be 4a vs 3a Champs 

I get what you are saying but I think Betsy is more worried about being healthy and ready to try and 3 peat than playing Alcoa.  BC even stated earlier that putting Alcoa in there would make their schedule brutal but like all the fans would want to see it.  They aren't playing slouch teams either with Science Hill, Rhea Co, and Greeneville their first 3 games and then having Anderson Co on Sept 24th, which would be a tougher schedule than they have had during their state championship runs the last 2 years.

Edited by Swipes

6 minutes ago, Swipes said:

I get what you are saying but I think Betsy is more worried about being healthy and ready to try and 3 peat than playing Alcoa.  BC even stated earlier that putting Alcoa in there would make their schedule brutal but like all the fans would want to see it.  They aren't playing slouch teams either with Science Hill, Rhea Co, and Greeneville their first 3 games and then having Anderson Co on Sept 24th, which would be a tougher schedule than they have had during their state championship runs the last 2 years.

You are totally correct Swipes. I coached 2 years at Tennessee High not long after their2 state titles and mythical National Championship, 15 years at GHS, disrupted by 16 years in administration followed by 5 years of Football at Briarcrest. We never ever talked about the fans. It was always about what was best for the team and players and what would take us farther down the road.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

Yup.