2021 Championship games predictions for Chattanooga?

Sequatchie33

I'm all for a West TN site. BUT, there are no suitable locations. There is no good location in Jackson. UTM parking is bad. Bethel can't accommodate the crowd. Neither Martin or Mckenzie has anything to offer as far as hotels, restaurants, etc. And I wouldn't recommend Memphis for anything. So you've got Middle and East TN for options.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GATNA said:

I'm all for a West TN site. BUT, there are no suitable locations. There is no good location in Jackson. UTM parking is bad. Bethel can't accommodate the crowd. Neither Martin or Mckenzie has anything to offer as far as hotels, restaurants, etc. And I wouldn't recommend Memphis for anything. So you've got Middle and East TN for options.

Murfreesboro would be the best location. I don't know why they don't want it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, team69 said:

Murfreesboro would be the best location. I don't know why they don't want it.

I agree it’s the best. Both MTSU and the city were tired of fooling with it. They decided at the last minute to submit a token bid in 2009. Their representative got up and said “You’ve been there 8 years, you either want to come back or you don’t. Thank you.” Needless to say, they were immediately scratched off the list. 

The "problem" I have with the majority of cities/venues approach, is that the atmosphere surrounding the bid process seems that hosting is a burden rather than an opportunity.  City's Chamber of Commerce and venue administrations need to strike some sort of agreement to publicize, advertise, promote, and profit... if TSSAA withholds too much of the proceeds for their championships to be profitable, they also need to be part of haggling out a solution that benefits everyone involved. It's shameful that other states' nicest facilities host their championships, while Tennessee has to hold a raffle to decide where they're played.

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

The "problem" I have with the majority of cities/venues approach, is that the atmosphere surrounding the bid process seems that hosting is a burden rather than an opportunity.  City's Chamber of Commerce and venue administrations need to strike some sort of agreement to publicize, advertise, promote, and profit... if TSSAA withholds too much of the proceeds for their championships to be profitable, they also need to be part of haggling out a solution that benefits everyone involved. It's shameful that other states' nicest facilities host their championships, while Tennessee has to hold a raffle to decide where they're played.

The TSSAA could do a lot of things better.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:15 PM, tradertwo said:

Great post!

There seems to be a lot of folk that aren’t understanding of the economic impacts a multi day event brings to a area,simple example,a friend of mine operates a couple of    Restaurants in the Cookeville area, days of the championship games sale at one spot see a increase of around 30% to the bottom line in profitability, imagine that across all venues in the area, Hotels,restaurants and especially those hidden gem mom and pop places that have great grub see at least a 20 increase from BigPurpleMachine and myself alone ! These communities should be chomping at the bit to get these games !!! Another example in the Tides current run I didn’t make it last year but since 2014 I personally have spent 1500 on hotels for my little crew ! 

Edited by PeabodyPride

56 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

There seems to be a lot of folk that aren’t understanding of the economic impacts a multi day event brings to a area,simple example,a friend of mine operates a couple of    Restaurants in the Cookeville area, days of the championship games sale at one spot see a increase of around 30% to the bottom line in profitability, imagine that across all venues in the area, Hotels,restaurants and especially those hidden gem mom and pop places that have great grub see at least a 20 increase from BigPurpleMachine and myself alone ! These communities should be chomping at the bit to get these games !!! Another example in the Tides current run I didn’t make it last year but since 2014 I personally have spent 1500 on hotels for my little crew ! 

Me and you do way more damage than 20%.... lol. 

I don't care one way or another here,  I mean I have loved having the games in Cookeville and I think our town really took pride in it.    

But... I want to make one thing clear here.    We , in Cookeville, consider us a part of MIDDLE TN.    We are central time zoned, we get our news/weather out of Nashville.    Bash us all you want, but I wanted to let it be known!!!! 

lol. 

1 hour ago, PeabodyPride said:

That's why I included city government and COC's in my post. Everyone in the community stands to gain in some form from hosting a state championship tournament (or multiple games on multiple days), with lodging and food being foremost. I have no idea how individual potential venues arrive at their respective final bids, but it stands to reason that hosting would be more attractive to local government than simply whether the actual venue turns a profit. 

Edited by tradertwo