District 5-AAAA 2021-2022

FootballFan51

Yes, too early, but who will be the most likely to compete with Bradley Central, who has won their last 97 District games? With going to 4 Classifications, the District will look a little different with the following teams. 

-Bradley Central

-Cleveland 

-McMinn Co

-Ooltewah 

-Rhea Co

-Howard 

-Walker Valley

Honestly, I don’t see Bradley losing a District game, so maybe the question is who will finish 2nd - 4th? Probably Cleveland, McMinn & Rhea, but don’t know much about Howard. 

Cleveland lost 5 (really 6) senior starters & while they will be ok, I don’t think they would win a Region game vs the OLD District 6AAA, but I don’t know much about the new 6AAAA, except 3 pretty good teams from last year are no longer in 6AAAA (Stone, White Co & Cookeville). 

On 3/17/2021 at 11:11 PM, FootballFan51 said:

Yes, too early, but who will be the most likely to compete with Bradley Central, who has won their last 97 District games? With going to 4 Classifications, the District will look a little different with the following teams. 

-Bradley Central

-Cleveland 

-McMinn Co

-Ooltewah 

-Rhea Co

-Howard 

-Walker Valley

Honestly, I don’t see Bradley losing a District game, so maybe the question is who will finish 2nd - 4th? Probably Cleveland, McMinn & Rhea, but don’t know much about Howard. 

Cleveland lost 5 (really 6) senior starters & while they will be ok, I don’t think they would win a Region game vs the OLD District 6AAA, but I don’t know much about the new 6AAAA, except 3 pretty good teams from last year are no longer in 6AAAA (Stone, White Co & Cookeville). 

1. Bradley 

2. McMinn has a couple good players.

3. Cleveland will compete for second.

4. Walker Valley don’t know what they return?

5.Ooltewah about the same.

6. Rhea way down.

7 Howard just bad.

5 hours ago, Dadof2 said:

1. Bradley 

2. McMinn has a couple good players.

3. Cleveland will compete for second.

4. Walker Valley don’t know what they return?

5.Ooltewah about the same.

6. Rhea way down.

7 Howard just bad.

Based on this input, I would put a large gap between 3 & 4. Also, don’t see how Rhea could possibly be as bad as Ooltewah, 

14 hours ago, StateChampDad said:

I really don’t see anyone other than Bradley, Cleveland, and McMinn competing next year.  I’m obviously biased but trying to be realistic.  The non mentioned teams don’t stand a chance unless they get some major transfers in.  

Same as this year & same as it was most years (without Madison Hayes at East Ham). 
it’s really crazy how bad girls basketball is in Chattanooga public schools. 

I don’t think throwing shade at any player is necessary & MH was certainly one of the best players in this area in a long time. 
The only time I bring her up is that when outsiders say that Bradley didn’t play anyone in their current 97 game District win streak. MH won 2 Miss Basketball’s (deservingly) & her Senior Class at East Ham was very strong. They just couldn’t get past Bradley, Stone & the Region 4 (Murfreesboro) teams to get to the Glass House.  Nevertheless, those East Ham teams were top 10 teams & Bradley had to beat them 3+ times just about every year she was there.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/24/2021 at 3:20 PM, FootballFan51 said:

I don’t think throwing shade at any player is necessary & MH was certainly one of the best players in this area in a long time. 
The only time I bring her up is that when outsiders say that Bradley didn’t play anyone in their current 97 game District win streak. MH won 2 Miss Basketball’s (deservingly) & her Senior Class at East Ham was very strong. They just couldn’t get past Bradley, Stone & the Region 4 (Murfreesboro) teams to get to the Glass House.  Nevertheless, those East Ham teams were top 10 teams & Bradley had to beat them 3+ times just about every year she was there.

That EH team was Madison and nothing else. Girls basketball, outside of Bradley, has been really bad in this area for a long time.