Mass Exodus at Blackman

VarsityBlue

13 hours ago, VarsityBlue said:

He told a coach on the staff that the current OC was “trash” and “had no business calling plays”.

He also told a coach on the staff about his intentions about personnel and told him not to tell others on the staff.

New coach thinks  very high of his self. He will never need to be told he is doing a good job , he tells his self that everyday. Has an ego bigger than he is. Suffers from little man syndrome also. He will be difficult to work with.  

10 minutes ago, hardtackle said:

New coach thinks  very high of his self. He will never need to be told he is doing a good job , he tells his self that everyday. Has an ego bigger than he is. Suffers from little man syndrome also. He will be difficult to work with.  

I am guessing you know this from experience? This counters what was, and is said about him from his two TN coaching stints @ Ravenwood and Notre Dame. Checked in with a parent or two and they seem pleased. I'm told he's got the whole team on the field at 6:45 in the morning for conditioning, and works out with groups of them during the day. Perhaps he does have an ego, what head coach does not, but it appears he has a strong work ethic. Maybe Blackman needed some change and just not the HC.

1 minute ago, CougarDadx2 said:

I am guessing you know this from experience? This counters what was, and is said about him from his two TN coaching stints @ Ravenwood and Notre Dame. Checked in with a parent or two and they seem pleased. I'm told he's got the whole team on the field at 6:45 in the morning for conditioning, and works out with groups of them during the day. Perhaps he does have an ego, what head coach does not, but it appears he has a strong work ethic. Maybe Blackman needed some change and just not the HC.

Best wishes, time will tell.

This is all called "The Curse of Shad". Good lord the man had you all on ESPN one Sunday years ago and they thanked him by turning that lady principal a loose on him and run him out of town on a rail. Who cares if he had a hole in his pocket carrying the boosters money or getting a fill up down at the county garage.  That goes on everywhere. Since Shad has left the place it has went from a Powerhouse to a Chithouse and everyone on this thread knows it.

Edited by BarneySox2007

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

This is all called "The Curse of Shad". Good lord the man had you all on ESPN one Sunday years ago and they thanked him by turning that lady principal a loose on him and run him out of town on a rail. Who cares if he had a hole in his pocket carrying the boosters money or getting a fill up down at the county garage.  That goes on everywhere. Since Shad has left the place it has went from a Powerhouse to a Chithouse and everyone on this thread knows it.

I can assure you good sir that theft of county property does NOT go on everywhere.  

1 hour ago, Joyful95 said:

I can assure you good sir that theft of county property does NOT go on everywhere.  

Do you have proof that he stole county property? See what people forgot, no charges were pressed, no theft was found. What did happen is money was spent on GC's as a thank you for assistant coaches, his wife's vehicle was filled up to take the training staff (all girls btw( to the game so they were not on a dark bus with the players, Not to mention his wife made sure those trainers paid attention during the games. Nobody yelled water ever.  Finally don't be mistaken booster funds are not county monies. Those are both public and private donations for the sole use of the benefit of the football program and controlled by the booster program. The only reason the GC's are an issue is because of taxes.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Shad did plenty get himself fired. Justus' hires in football haven't been great, but she deserves no blame for firing a guy who thought he was above the school.

Having to slum it at WB is karma pure and simple. Not worth hiring a guy with his baggage when there are tons of other good coaches out there

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Shad did plenty get himself fired. Justus' hires in football haven't been great, but she deserves no blame for firing a guy who thought he was above the school.

Having to slum it at WB is karma pure and simple. Not worth hiring a guy with his baggage when there are tons of other good coaches out there

u52op.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bou

Edited by BarneySox2007

On 3/18/2021 at 10:46 AM, VarsityBlue said:

A fresh start is one thing. How you go about it is another. You had a number of very capable coaches there. One was a completely new hire from Florida. Not part of the previous regime. He left also...after only a couple of months. 

Completely agree. I follow this guy on twitter and I can see the egotism. They will replace Ravenwood as the Mid-State good, but low class program everyone hates. This guy thrives on that though, and they might have success; but he is going to do it by running a low class program.