Mass Exodus at Blackman

VarsityBlue

On 3/18/2021 at 6:15 PM, CougarDadx2 said:

For the 3rd time and from the 2nd person - can you provide examples of the unprofessionalism? It counters what has been said about him at previous schools e.g. Notre Dame, Ravenwood. 

It appears he has hit the ground running with conditioning. 

He was only at Ravenwood for one year, but he helped set a culture that would turn Ravenwood from a high class program under Hester to a low class program under Daniels. Thankfully, Hester is back and we no longer have a program like that in Williamson County. I also heard his team in Alabama was extremely undisciplined and led the state in personal fouls. 

1 hour ago, VarsityBlue said:

His reputation down in North Jackson is not good. They celebrated when he left. He was on his way out anyway. They were seeking to replace him. He also tried to fire his DC at halftime of their last game. All ego and zero self awareness

Hard to root for people like that if it's true.

On 3/18/2021 at 2:30 PM, Blaze45 said:

Unfortunately it is "ALL " about winning games. I had the same mindset about building character, a sense of pride and learning to be great sons, husbands and fathers... But Shadowens, Watson, Hartsfield.... they all tried to instill that in ese boys.. Unfortunately it was not enough and wasn't the way the bosses thought it should be.... I don't know if this is about one of your family members or someone you are friends with, but I hate it for anyone looking for a job nowadays...But for some coach looking this is going to be a landings spot just like they will find a new one. 

If this is the case, how did y'all hire a guy who had a losing record at a small school? The school went 10-1 under the coach before him. You can lose at a small school and then get rewarded by getting one of the better 6a jobs in the state????This guy can self promote like nobodys business. 

58 minutes ago, MidStateFan1 said:

If this is the case, how did y'all hire a guy who had a losing record at a small school? The school went 10-1 under the coach before him. You can lose at a small school and then get rewarded by getting one of the better 6a jobs in the state????This guy can self promote like nobodys business. 

Kimosabe ...not sure where "Ya'll " comes into play. I didn't hire, fire  or reward anyone.  But to be clear Shadowens went 59-17 Watson went 28-10 and Hartsfield  23-10... I don't know the new coach from Adam, but lets just say he is the worlds greatest self promoter, sometimes that ain't a bad thing. You gotta sell the sizzle if you want people to buy in especially kids. He might be just what they need to get the program headed back in a positive direction. The worst thing we could do is set back and wait and just hope it gets better.  Mediocrity is a disease, you cure it or die from it.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:17 PM, VarsityBlue said:

The coach that got a head coaching job got one in Georgia. I don’t really want to out guys that have given me information so I’m hesitant to give too many specifics but I do know that he tried to fire his DC at halftime down in Alabama and North Jackson was in the process of moving on from him when he left for Blackman. 

but you don't mind coming on here and anonymously bashing the new coach?

On 3/18/2021 at 7:21 PM, VarsityBlue said:

I understand what you’re saying Blaze45....it was just an observation that I thought merited mentioning. None of these coaches were pushed out...they all chose to leave ... I think it’s important to note that. I just think it’s an example of the fact that we’ve lost our way a bit.

DIdn't Harstfield "choose to leave" too?

On 3/18/2021 at 9:22 PM, VarsityBlue said:

He told a coach on the staff that the current OC was “trash” and “had no business calling plays”.

He also told a coach on the staff about his intentions about personnel and told him not to tell others on the staff.

So his big error so far is trusting the wrong guy...

• Upvote 1

Challenger, this is simply an attempt to bring to light a situation that those in the community who may be parents need to be aware of. Nothing "yella" about it. Furthermore I would add that there was no "trust" established between the new coach and anyone on the staff. From the information I received the new coach came in and immediately insulted most if not all on the staff. This is not behavior that breeds loyalty in any circle. He may turn out to be an excellent coach....but from where I am sitting there have been events that merit concern. Nothing more. Have a good day.