Mass Exodus at Blackman

VarsityBlue

A new coach has the prerogative to get things the way he wants them, but running off assistants so early in the process is probably not a wise move.  It is my experience that good assistants are very hard to come by, especially high quality ones. On the other hand, if they are not going to buy in you might be better off coaching short handed.

17 hours ago, VarsityBlue said:

Guthook...I have not applied for the Blackman job...I am not affiliated with Blackman...I just know people who are.

So you already implied you talked to the coach.  BUT, You're not affiliated with Blackman in any way, however you opened a new user account just to bash the new coach.

You're obviously not an idiot, but you don't see how silly and malicious and mendacious, your posts appear.

Edited by guthook

Bashing would be attacking him personally. Simply being truthful about what he has said and done is not bashing. Shining a light on a board where many coaches go is doing a service to those who may not be aware of what is going on there. Nothing more. I have said more than once I hope they succeed for the sake of the student athletes there. Hopefully this is much ado about nothing. I just felt it deserved to be heard. You don't have to agree with it and you don't have to like it. He may very well be a nice guy, I have no idea. what I do know I felt was important to share.

VB did the new coach say anything to you personally that was unprofessional? Did the new coach do anything to you personally that was unprofessional? If yes please share as a service to other professionals. If not then you are dragging a mans name through the mud not shining a light. And you dont care about the student athletes at blackman. If you did you wouldn't be posting this stuff on a message board that they or their parents could be reading. You would instead go to the AD, the principal, etc and state the unprofessional behavior. And again if you have facts please share. 

• Upvote 1

If you are going to shed light as a service to others why not shed the whole light. 

I don't know the new coach. I have no connection at all to Blackman. But as a fan it just seems like you have an agenda and that you are not being transparent. 

All I'm asking that if you are going to have this thread, if you really feel strong enough to post all that you have as a service to others as you stated, if you truly have the facts and are shedding light on something you think others should know, then why beat around the bush? 

On 3/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, VarsityBlue said:

What I have shared here are verifiable....they are factual and can be corroborated. 

By all means please do so. We are waiting. You started with "I was told" which is hearsay, by definition. When challenged you said there is ZERO hearsay. If you don't want to reveal your sources, for fear of retaliation for those involved, then please provide the source of your communication at North Jackson. I'm confident if they celebrated his leaving there should be no problem.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

By all means please do so. We are waiting. You started with "I was told" which is hearsay, by definition. When challenged you said there is ZERO hearsay. If you don't want to reveal your sources, for fear of retaliation for those involved, then please provide the source of your communication at North Jackson. I'm confident if they celebrated his leaving there should be no problem.

That's pretty good luck to know coaches at Blackman and parents/ coaches or administration in North Jackson nd be able to speak on their behalf and guarantee what someone said  is unquestionable and with out doubt factual.  I have found that over the year that often times one persons interpretation often changes that.  What we do know is, things, " they are a changing "  I know most folks have heard it and it is a bit of a worn out saying, but this is so apropos . To continue to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result is the definition of insanity. Unless things change at Blackman we will continue to get so-so results.  Big changes yield Big Results... now that could be big time great or big time terrible, but if you want to own the result you have to own the process. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1