Mass Exodus at Blackman

VarsityBlue

18 hours ago, GeorgeBennett said:

I was made aware of this posting yesterday by some fellow coaches. I am simply here to say that I can confirm that I was offered certain positions on the staff and told not to tell other coaches on the staff because they weren't being given the same opportunity. I was also told by Tygard that one of the coaches on the staff was had no business being in the position he's in. I can't speak on the other comments here because I was not present for those instances. I simply want to say that I made a decision to leave because I just did not think my value system aligned with Mr. Tygard. I simply thought it was best I coach elsewhere. I am not necessarily a fan of these types of forums so I will not be participating further. What Mr. Tygard does with his program at Blackman is entirely his prerogative. Good luck to everyone involved.

Hey VarsityBlue,  this is an example of how you're supposed to behave.  Thanks GB for the input.  I hope I speak for us all when I wish you all the best in your new endeavors.

19 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Well, yeah, but he said mean things to the other grown up coaches?!?!?.... I do find it crazy that folks are getting all up in the air about some coaches possibly taking comments as being disrespectful, but didn't find it disrespectful for players leaving the sidelines during a game, or curse and throw a fit and quit the team, only to be playing again the next week .... if you want respect you earn it and expect it from everyone.  People especially adults, teach other how to treat them by what they allow. 

I find it interesting that grown men get in their feelings when they arent wanted by a new coach. 

As far as kids quitting and being let back on, that should not have been allowed. 

1 hour ago, BruceColetrain said:

I find it interesting that grown men get in their feelings when they arent wanted by a new coach. 

As far as kids quitting and being let back on, that should not have been allowed. 

I have watched the current/ last staff let kids be disrespectful to coaches and teammates and quit only to come back apologize and be back playing....People can say what they want, but if you let one do it, it sets the tone for everyone else. I like old school football coaches that would have you so sick after practice that you would have to sit in the bleachers next week for that kind of foolishness. That said you have to be willing to learn and grow as a coach. player, program or you will eventually get passed up by those that do. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I have watched the current/ last staff let kids be disrespectful to coaches and teammates and quit only to come back apologize and be back playing....People can say what they want, but if you let one do it, it sets the tone for everyone else. I like old school football coaches that would have you so sick after practice that you would have to sit in the bleachers next week for that kind of foolishness. That said you have to be willing to learn and grow as a coach. player, program or you will eventually get passed up by those that do. 

I enjoy old school coaching also but that sick word in most places sounds like a law suit in today’s weather.

12 minutes ago, MondaymornQB said:

This is starting to get redundant...The coach has the right to promote or move coaches around as he pleases, but maybe doing it in a more professional manner would have been the better course of action...the man didn't kill anybody!

I hope the program isn't as sensitive as this thread implies.  

22 hours ago, TheInsideScoop said:

All coaches have different ways of motivating their players. Give the man a shot to do things his way. He has a lot of experience at different levels. All of this concern about him probably means he is shaking things up and other programs in Rutherford County better get prepared. Im excited to see what happens at Blackman.

The guy is suppose to be a role model for the student-athletes that he works with.  He appears to be a self promoter.  I am willing to bet that this first year will provide him with a learning lesson, and he will grow from the experience.