Mass Exodus at Blackman

VarsityBlue

On 4/1/2021 at 8:10 AM, TomLHS said:

The guy is suppose to be a role model for the student-athletes that he works with.  He appears to be a self promoter.  I am willing to bet that this first year will provide him with a learning lesson, and he will grow from the experience.

I am willing to bet that no matter what happens, you will be the typical, critical fan that thinks they can lead a program better than a coach that has experience doing it. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, WingT08 said:

I am willing to bet that no matter what happens, you will be the typical, critical fan that thinks they can lead a program better than a coach that has experience doing it. 

First let’s make something very clear.  I don’t know whether or not he will be successful or not.  His record two seasons as a head coaching is far from being anywhere impressive, but it could very well improve at Blackman.  I just hope he loses to Riverdale.

On 4/1/2021 at 6:10 AM, TomLHS said:

The guy is suppose to be a role model for the student-athletes that he works with.  He appears to be a self promoter.  I am willing to bet that this first year will provide him with a learning lesson, and he will grow from the experience.

It's all about the #BlazeCulture so they can go #BlazinFast. You probably don't have twitter, but you can find all of that on his twitter feed. Football games aren't won on twitter and with slogans. Hopefully, Riverdale and Oakland will teach him a lesson. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MidStateFan1 said:

It's all about the #BlazeCulture so they can go #BlazinFast. You probably don't have twitter, but you can find all of that on his twitter feed. Football games aren't won on twitter and with slogans. Hopefully, Riverdale and Oakland will teach him a lesson. 

True, you don't win on slogans, kinda like you don't win on a what a coach di 10 years ago. Oakland no doubt will whoop everyone. Riverdale will not be 1/2 as good as they were last year.... 

Having reread this thread - seems most folks prefer to just do the same thing and expect different results. Since when is a HC expected to come in and keep the former HC's staff? Thinking about what Blaze stated regarding the change from 10 years ago - who would have ever thought that Nick Saban would field teams with a prolific offense and the D would take a back seat?

The level of axe grinding I see here makes me wonder if some folks are a little worried that something new might create some unexpected changes in the RuCo football landscape. Guess we will see this fall - I think we can all agree we are ready for a season not impacted by a virus!

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Having reread this thread - seems most folks prefer to just do the same thing and expect different results. Since when is a HC expected to come in and keep the former HC's staff? Thinking about what Blaze stated regarding the change from 10 years ago - who would have ever thought that Nick Saban would field teams with a prolific offense and the D would take a back seat?

The level of axe grinding I see here makes me wonder if some folks are a little worried that something new might create some unexpected changes in the RuCo football landscape. Guess we will see this fall - I think we can all agree we are ready for a season not impacted by a virus!

Amen!!!

22 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

True, you don't win on slogans, kinda like you don't win on a what a coach di 10 years ago. Oakland no doubt will whoop everyone. Riverdale will not be 1/2 as good as they were last year.... 

I'm not a Riverdale fan, but they have both Herring twins returning who are being recruited by everyone, both RB's returning, a stud inside linebacker, and more. I really don't know what you are basing that off of. I think you're wearing rose colored classes. They will probably go down hill after this year, but they are loaded this year. 

9 hours ago, MidStateFan1 said:

I'm not a Riverdale fan, but they have both Herring twins returning who are being recruited by everyone, both RB's returning, a stud inside linebacker, and more. I really don't know what you are basing that off of. I think you're wearing rose colored classes. They will probably go down hill after this year, but they are loaded this year. 

I am looking no what they have coming back but what they are losing in the the way of offensive and defensive line as well as the secondary and receiver spot. It is an awful lot of depth the lost at key positions 

On 3/25/2021 at 2:04 PM, Blaze45 said:

I have watched the current/ last staff let kids be disrespectful to coaches and teammates and quit only to come back apologize and be back playing....People can say what they want, but if you let one do it, it sets the tone for everyone else. I like old school football coaches that would have you so sick after practice that you would have to sit in the bleachers next week for that kind of foolishness. That said you have to be willing to learn and grow as a coach. player, program or you will eventually get passed up by those that do. 

You are spot on sir. Its a different game from when we played. However, the objective is the same: Teach boys how to be men in a hard world.

1 hour ago, BruceColetrain said:

You are spot on sir. Its a different game from when we played. However, the objective is the same: Teach boys how to be men in a hard world.

I think about it like common core... I hated it ...3+3 is 6 because it is....not because 1+1+1+1+1+1 and7-1 is 6.... IF  it develops the young man and gets them to that point  try it... Yeah you wanna win... in the process.  What is the worst thing that could happen... a few losing seasons? Get exposed to that because we all get to experience loss in life. Learn to be gracious and appreciative, respectful... Learn to win with humility .... We will all see what the result of this program change is over the next 3-4 years... because the boys will be young men in our community. We will se the fruit of the program and what it brings. I am excited to see what happens. Good things can be found with the right perspective 

• Like 1

There is a lot of talk here of teaching kids how to be men. When I posted here that is exactly what I was talking about. Being a man means treating others with respect and being forthright in your dealings. It is my opinion that Tygard did not do that in this instance. Although I do not coach in Tennessee, I am a coach and i am aware that how you treat your fellow coaches and people in general says a great deal about your character. That is all I was driving at here. He is certainly entitled to run his program the way he wants. But when all is said and done your credibility as a man comes from your treatment of those around you....especially when you are in a position of authority. Tygard may be a good coach, he may know his X's and O's, and he may win games. But that is only a part of what a leader does. In this situation he treated other coaches poorly. In any county, or any state that gets around. 

34 minutes ago, VarsityBlue said:

There is a lot of talk here of teaching kids how to be men. When I posted here that is exactly what I was talking about. Being a man means treating others with respect and being forthright in your dealings. It is my opinion that Tygard did not do that in this instance. Although I do not coach in Tennessee, I am a coach and i am aware that how you treat your fellow coaches and people in general says a great deal about your character. That is all I was driving at here. He is certainly entitled to run his program the way he wants. But when all is said and done your credibility as a man comes from your treatment of those around you....especially when you are in a position of authority. Tygard may be a good coach, he may know his X's and O's, and he may win games. But that is only a part of what a leader does. In this situation he treated other coaches poorly. In any county, or any state that gets around. 

I agree in part, what teaching kids how to be men might look like, however where I do differ a little is on how he treated others. I've never known a person who got fired that like how it happened or the person that fired them. "Golly gee, that new guy came in to where I had been working for years and said I was not qualified to do that job and said I was no longer needed ... He was sure swell, and seemed like a real sharp guy!"  Never heard that from a disgruntled employee. That said I ill hold my judgement or opinion until I have enough information personally to decide doom and gloom has filled the locker room 

• Like 1