FOR SALE TSSAA

Tata

For what it is worth the TSSAA and its actions are for sale to the highest bidder for personal benefit by those in control. How many rooms that the higher ups get that run the TSSAA so they can spend a free weekend should not be a deciding factor in where the football championships are held. Neither should the free (for legislative and board of controls and family only) hospitality tent and free food for the weekend. Oh, and did I mention the free “special” Parking and expensive gifts bags for the TSSAA hierarchy receives? If the objective was to make this a positive event for the benefit of its MEMBERs, then the event would be held in Middle Tn. That way the people from West Tennessee would be able to attend without an unmanageable burden. Go to a meeting (IF THEY OPEN IT UP TO THE MEMBERS cause sometimes, they do not) and pay attention to how private school supporter and TSSAA attorney (puppet master) Rick Colbert makes every major TSSAA decision with a whisper in Barnard’s ear. He decided that private schools should have more representation on the legislative council and board of controls by percentage more than their actual member % because "there could be a lawsuit."  He decided that the championship should be move further away from our West TN teams because “there could be a lawsuit.” Make no bones about it the TSSAA has become an elitist organization that has very little to do with what is best for our kids.  Wake up folks and ask the hard questions and I promise you that you will get stonewalled and dismissed!!! This may be my last post because I may end up beside Jimmy Hofa and lost forever. :grin:

26 minutes ago, Tata said:

For what it is worth the TSSAA and its actions are for sale to the highest bidder for personal benefit by those in control. How many rooms that the higher ups get that run the TSSAA so they can spend a free weekend should not be a deciding factor in where the football championships are held. Neither should the free (for legislative and board of controls and family only) hospitality tent and free food for the weekend. Oh, and did I mention the free “special” Parking and expensive gifts bags for the TSSAA hierarchy receives? If the objective was to make this a positive event for the benefit of its MEMBERs, then the event would be held in Middle Tn. That way the people from West Tennessee would be able to attend without an unmanageable burden. Go to a meeting (IF THEY OPEN IT UP TO THE MEMBERS cause sometimes, they do not) and pay attention to how private school supporter and TSSAA attorney (puppet master) Rick Colbert makes every major TSSAA decision with a whisper in Barnard’s ear. He decided that private schools should have more representation on the legislative council and board of controls by percentage more than their actual member % because "there could be a lawsuit."  He decided that the championship should be move further away from our West TN teams because “there could be a lawsuit.” Make no bones about it the TSSAA has become an elitist organization that has very little to do with what is best for our kids.  Wake up folks and ask the hard questions and I promise you that you will get stonewalled and dismissed!!! This may be my last post because I may end up beside Jimmy Hofa and lost forever. :grin:

I agree with a lot of this.  The TSSAA has become too big for its own britches IMO.  Yeah I said britches, I’m old and country.  I can’t think of anything that benefits the actual schools other than a group that creates regions and a playoff setup to try to win a gold ball.  And those two things can be done in an independent league IMO.  

So can anyone tell me something, even just one thing, that benefits the schools, coaches, and players?  

59 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I agree with a lot of this.  The TSSAA has become too big for its own britches IMO.  Yeah I said britches, I’m old and country.  I can’t think of anything that benefits the actual schools other than a group that creates regions and a playoff setup to try to win a gold ball.  And those two things can be done in an independent league IMO.  

So can anyone tell me something, even just one thing, that benefits the schools, coaches, and players?  

It's not about that anymore. I didn't always agree with Ronnie Carter, but at least he had a backbone that would keep everything on an even keel. 

I never thought I’d see the day where I defended the TSSAA. Lord knows I’ve disagreed with a lot of decisions which have been made; however, put yourself in their shoes. Two cities submitted a bid (Chattanooga and Cookeville). For everyone who disagrees with the location, do you think TSSAA should’ve called Nashville and said “Hey, guess what guys! Even though y’all didn’t place a bid and showed no desire to host these games, y’all won! We’re playing there. See y’all then!”

Im not happy about the games being in Chattanooga. I was irate when they went to Cookeville 12 years ago. Ridiculous. But the anger should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the leaders in Nashville and Murfreesboro, not TSSAA. Blast the mayors, city counsel, etc of those areas. TSSAA had absolutely no choice other than those 2 options.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, JohnnyMoxon said:

I never thought I’d see the day where I defended the TSSAA. Lord knows I’ve disagreed with a lot of decisions which have been made; however, put yourself in their shoes. Two cities submitted a bid (Chattanooga and Cookeville). For everyone who disagrees with the location, do you think TSSAA should’ve called Nashville and said “Hey, guess what guys! Even though y’all didn’t place a bid and showed no desire to host these games, y’all won! We’re playing there. See y’all then!”

Im not happy about the games being in Chattanooga. I was irate when they went to Cookeville 12 years ago. Ridiculous. But the anger should be placed squarely on the shoulders of the leaders in Nashville and Murfreesboro, not TSSAA. Blast the mayors, city counsel, etc of those areas. TSSAA had absolutely no choice other than those 2 options.

If Chattanooga and Cookeville were the only ones to place bids then I can't fault the TSSAA in this one. And although Chattanooga works better for me, I would love it in the middle of the state. You nailed it though, blame the people who didn't put in the bids. They're the ones at fault here.

I will also say that the hospitality tent and free parking that was mentioned in the original post aren't just for TSSAA hierarchy. Outside of last year due to the pandemic, these have been open to people other than just the TSSAA brass. It's not open to everyone of course, but hospitality tents are usually set up for sponsors and media personnel. It's usually a "thank you" to those who sponsor or promote any event.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Tata said:

Are you saying the Chilly man's nads are in a jar on a shelf next to Papa Doc's?

43 minutes ago, weagle71 said:

I think the State Championship Game should Rotate Every year any way and NOT all be held at one Locale.....Even Years East- 2A,4A,6A Champions Get to Host, 1A,3A,5A West Champion Hosts...Then the next year flip it...jmo......

That's the way it was done in from 1969 until the early 80s.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/19/2021 at 1:13 PM, weagle71 said:

I think the State Championship Game should Rotate Every year any way and NOT all be held at one Locale.....Even Years East- 2A,4A,6A Champions Get to Host, 1A,3A,5A West Champion Hosts...Then the next year flip it...jmo......

The gates would be much bigger this way.

On 3/18/2021 at 7:25 PM, The Drunken Sailor said:

If Chattanooga and Cookeville were the only ones to place bids then I can't fault the TSSAA in this one. And although Chattanooga works better for me, I would love it in the middle of the state. You nailed it though, blame the people who didn't put in the bids. They're the ones at fault here.

I will also say that the hospitality tent and free parking that was mentioned in the original post aren't just for TSSAA hierarchy. Outside of last year due to the pandemic, these have been open to people other than just the TSSAA brass. It's not open to everyone of course, but hospitality tents are usually set up for sponsors and media personnel. It's usually a "thank you" to those who sponsor or promote any event.

Bur Kreager eats all the food in both hospitality tents.