D1 (AA) Way too Early Top 5

McNugget

This was not easy but here is my best guess. 

Region 1 

Champ: Science Hill

Runner-up: Dobyns-Bennett

Region 2

Champ: Maryville

Runner-up: Heritage

Region 3

Champ: Cleveland

Runner-up: Bradley

Region 4 

Champ: Oakland

Runner-up: Blackman

Region 5

Champ: Wilson Central

Runner-up: Cookeville

Region 6

Champ: Rossview

Runner-up: Beech

Region 7

Champ: Summit

Runner-up: Brentwood

Region 8

Champ: Arlington

Runner-up: Houston

Sectional R1 & R2 Winners

Maryville

Heritage

Sectional R3 & R4 Winners

Cleveland 

Bradley

Sectional R5 & R6 Winners

Wilson Central

Cookeville

Sectional R7 & R8 Winners

Summit

Brentwood

49 minutes ago, dontstopbelieving said:

Heritage beat science hill, they did not wrestle Maryville, but Maryville did beat Heritage 

Correct. If you guys keep a few of those upcoming Freshmen on the team you'll be tough again. I suspect one Freshman in particular will have a few of these "experts" scratching their heads a bit as to how he's as good as he is as a Freshman. 

9 hours ago, JSamson7 said:

Correct. If you guys keep a few of those upcoming Freshmen on the team you'll be tough again. I suspect one Freshman in particular will have a few of these "experts" scratching their heads a bit as to how he's as good as he is as a Freshman. 

Sturgill is prob the 2nd or 3rd best incoming Freshman. Heritage has a few coming up that are tough. 2-3 years they could be the next team challenging Cleveland

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

Sturgill is prob the 2nd or 3rd best incoming Freshman. Heritage has a few coming up that are tough. 2-3 years they could be the next team challenging Cleveland

Summit has two or three incoming freshman next year that are just as good as Landon Desselle was this past year.

1 hour ago, Rasslinking said:

Brayden Leach=Stud......and?  Dont think they have anymore coming in at that level

Little Posey too. I'm not saying either of them is going to make the state finals, but they'll both be over .500 and are both better than the seniors they're replacing in the lineup who found the podium.

Not saying theyre winning state duals or winning 14 individual weight classes, but they will have a squad to be competitive with Cleveland and Wilson Central next year.

8 minutes ago, Ummmno said:

Little Posey too. I'm not saying either of them is going to make the state finals, but they'll both be over .500 and are both better than the seniors they're replacing in the lineup who found the podium.

Not saying theyre winning state duals or winning 14 individual weight classes, but they will have a squad to be competitive with Cleveland and Wilson Central next year.

hmm interesting. Look forward to seeing how competitive they are with Cleveland. I would imagine Cleveland has a few incoming kids as well.....in addition to their 7 returning State Finalist and 5 Champions. Should be a great dual meet. Do they come to Cleveland Duals?

Brayden Leach will make an immediate impact.....Posey will most likely not. Time will tell

3 hours ago, Rasslinking said:

2nd or 3rd best?!?! I'm interested to hear who you think is better but they're definitely not challenging Cleveland in 2-3 years. They have 3 really good ones on their youth team right now but not near enough to field a team to match Cleveland or even Wilson Central.