Single A conversation (please anyone)

shockernation

Who are the contenders/favorites or can we even decide that after a year off? 

First off I’m so thankful we are finally back on the diamond! I know baseball is never a huge topic on the T but I thought I’d give it a shot at getting some chatter going! I really know nothing about anyone other than Lake Co?

Lake Co is pretty good outta the west off to a 5-0 start! JT Morgan has 5 HR already with 3 in the first game with 7 RBI! Really good pitching with Morgan the Wilson twins Johnson and Gordon! I really feel like they could have won it all last year with deep pitching but we will never know! 

1 hour ago, RodgerDodger32 said:

North Greene out of upper East TN will be really tough once the basketball kids get into baseball mode. Two new transfers from a Class AAA program will help them reach the state tournament. They have 5 quality arms which is a major advantage in any division let alone Single A. 

Thanks for commenting! Trying to up the baseball talk on here! 5 arms for single A is a blessing! We are about the same! Early on we got a kid in 5 games with 5 HR and 17 RBIs (he was an all state in football). Anyone else let’s talk...

11 hours ago, shockernation said:

Who are the contenders/favorites or can we even decide that after a year off? 

First off I’m so thankful we are finally back on the diamond! I know baseball is never a huge topic on the T but I thought I’d give it a shot at getting some chatter going! I really know nothing about anyone other than Lake Co?

Lake Co is pretty good outta the west off to a 5-0 start! JT Morgan has 5 HR already with 3 in the first game with 7 RBI! Really good pitching with Morgan the Wilson twins Johnson and Gordon! I really feel like they could have won it all last year with deep pitching but we will never know! 

Only problem with the Falcons so far is the competition they’ve played. Greenfield, North Side, and I believe Bradford are not good teams. Gibson County and Peabody will be in the hunt for Single A, along with McKenzie and Huntingdon.

9 hours ago, TryNotToSuck said:

Only problem with the Falcons so far is the competition they’ve played. Greenfield, North Side, and I believe Bradford are not good teams. Gibson County and Peabody will be in the hunt for Single A, along with McKenzie and Huntingdon.

Totally agree! Gibson Co is always good...saw where they beat Dyersburg yesterday 

I like MTCS and Eagleville from the boro.

MTCS has 5 commits, 2021 LHP/OF James McCracken (Tennessee Commit), 2021 RHP/OF Jonathan Burns (Trevecca Commit), 2021 RHP Brock Culpepper(Carson Newman Commit; Tommy John Surgery), 2021 3B/RHP Blayne Highfill (Freed Hardeman Commit), and 2022 RHP/3B Adam Jamison (MTSU Commit).  One is going to have tommy john soon though.  But still 4 strong arms can do a lot for the program.  They also swing the bat well.  Currently 6-0.

Eagleville has two commits, 2021 RHP Logan Kimberlin (Tennessee Commit) and 2022 OF/LHP Nathan Brewer (MTSU Commit).  Have not really heard a lot about how they are doing.  But I have enjoyed watching the Brewer kid play.  Plays hard and plays the game right.  Lets see how the season goes!

1 hour ago, murfreesboroman11 said:

I like MTCS and Eagleville from the boro.

MTCS has 5 commits, 2021 LHP/OF James McCracken (Tennessee Commit), 2021 RHP/OF Jonathan Burns (Trevecca Commit), 2021 RHP Brock Culpepper(Carson Newman Commit; Tommy John Surgery), 2021 3B/RHP Blayne Highfill (Freed Hardeman Commit), and 2022 RHP/3B Adam Jamison (MTSU Commit).  One is going to have tommy john soon though.  But still 4 strong arms can do a lot for the program.  They also swing the bat well.  Currently 6-0.

Eagleville has two commits, 2021 RHP Logan Kimberlin (Tennessee Commit) and 2022 OF/LHP Nathan Brewer (MTSU Commit).  Have not really heard a lot about how they are doing.  But I have enjoyed watching the Brewer kid play.  Plays hard and plays the game right.  Lets see how the season goes!

Does MTCS play in the private or public division?

5 hours ago, woodsandwater said:

UC has one senior pitcher who can get really get people out, if they make plays behind him,  then a huge drop off after that. I'm not sure if they are young or not but they are very porous on defense and only have a couple of kids that hit very well. They will not be a test for LC after the lefty throws.

Should be a good couple days of games between these two!