William Blount getting a little defensive about next year...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So not only did they hire Jay Whinery  but they also hired Chadd Clabough from South Doyle.

I don't know either one, but I am hearing good things about both.

I am also hearing there may be a few more coming in the next couple of days. 

It will be good to see some seasoned coaches that have had success elsewhere join the staff. The stars could be lining up for an interesting season in their new region.

Wouldn't it be interesting if William Blount took care of business playing the 7 weak teams that went 17-52 last year in their new region plus the brand new school in the Kingsport area and played Maryville anyways in the playoffs. If Shad did this to avoid Maryville the old saying is you can run but you can't hide.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Wouldn't it be interesting if William Blount took care of business playing the 7 weak teams that went 17-52 last year in their new region plus the brand new school in the Kingsport area and played Maryville anyways in the playoffs. If Shad did this to avoid Maryville the old saying is you can run but you can't hide.

It would be great !! A WB vs MHS playoff matchup in round 1 or 2 where the teams only had to travel 5 miles . 

2 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Showed some friends your message here Barney and they find it very comical that you take the time to look up WB’s opponent’s record from last year. It’s very strange how you get on here and talk about how you support the county teams and county kids then you continue to bash them, please just quit with your BS.

Edited by williebgovs04

5 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

I have to agree with the other poster. You state you like all the county teams then something good and needed happens and you take the opportunity to cast a negative shadow on it. This is a good move, can't we just leave it at that?

1 hour ago, strongx said:

What will the new coaches teach?

Bosco was a PE teacher. So someone will probably take that position. I am not sure of the others. Guess we will wait and see. Personally I am happy they went for coaches that teach as opposed to teachers that coach. Both are needed, but having lifer type coaches in key positions will be good for this team. I hear the ones already hired bring value to the community as well. Hopefully it is a win win.

3 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

...............and,and they quit dodging Alcoa!

What good does it do for WB to play Alcoa? What is the payoff for WB other than the gate?

From an Alcoa or Maryville fan perspective it is easy to sit back and say it, but other than an easy win for your team, how does it benefit kids at WB?

Edited by CrossStateTraveler

3 hours ago, williebgovs04 said:

Showed some friends your message here Barney and they find it very comical that you take the time to look up WB’s opponent’s record from last year. It’s very strange how you get on here and talk about how you support the county teams and county kids then you continue to bash them, please just quit with your BS.

Exactly. And last year's records don't mean squat. I remember when WB scheduled a Morristown East team that was coming off a 1-9  season and they went 9-1 and beat us the year we played them. I also remember us getting flak for scheduling a "down" Anderson County team and they were one of the best teams in their class the years we played them and beat us both times. And we also scheduled Elizabethton. To suggest WB dodges people and looks for easy wins is comical. It also irks me that Barney is always badmouthing WB and will say he supports all the county schools when It's very obvious that he doesn't.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

43 minutes ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

What good does it do for WB to play Alcoa? What is the payoff for WB other than the gate?

From an Alcoa or Maryville fan perspective it is easy to sit back and say it, but other than an easy win for your team, how does it benefit kids at WB?

How does in benefit Kids at WB? Really?!,....you think the kids/players would shy away from playing Alcoa? NO, that's just a bunch of sissy adults that don't want to play a school 10 minutes away. Fact.

It has forced both WB and Alcoa to travel hours away to get games. Alcoa has traveled to KY, middle TN. etc. because someone got butt hurt. 

AND, my feeling, It has Nothing to do with the Players! 

WB players have played against Alcoa and Maryville players in football well before that got to the Middle School and High School level. I can not speak for them, I bet they would play every year and not bat a eye! 

What good does do? Wow, What a question! Why play the game at all, if you don't know! Sad.

• Like 2