William Blount getting a little defensive about next year...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who would create a thread knowing about hires of assistant football coaches coming aboard a school that has an overall lifetime record of less than 30%. Don't take a genius to figure that one out but you know what, that's great and I do hope they will be a help with the program. For all that don't know I'm friends with a lot of parents that have kids on WB's football team and I do enjoy watching them play given ever chance. Because I do enjoy seeing them play don't mean I have to believe in the Tooth Fairy, oops I mean Shad like all the other sheep do on here.

On 4/2/2021 at 6:51 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

I'll be glad to get back to the original topic. Seems like you know a lot about assistant coaches or have better knowledge than most I've talked to. I'm very glad for you guys about these hires from South-Doyle and hope they can help WB do much better. I would be really impressed if it were Clark Duncan that was coming over to coach like Jim Gaylor did when he left Clinton High after being the most successful coach in their school history to be an assistant coach at Maryville or a few other coaches that left head coach positions to be an assistant for the Rebels. My only worry for the new guys coming from South-Doyle is that their used to coaching a never ending supply of good athletes not athletes feet, big difference there.  That's why Shad's only coach that came with him from Blackman left Dodge quick as he could.

To me, that is the ultimate compliment to Maryville; The fact that they have been able to lure so many head coaches to be on their staff. Speaks volumes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chs1984 said:

To me, that is the ultimate compliment to Maryville; The fact that they have been able to lure so many head coaches to be on their staff. Speaks volumes. 

Those guys do a great job - no doubt. The program has a ton of support, and don’t underestimate the importance of the Christmas Day garbage service!

On 4/4/2021 at 8:03 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

Who would create a thread knowing about hires of assistant football coaches coming aboard a school that has an overall lifetime record of less than 30%. Don't take a genius to figure that one out but you know what, that's great and I do hope they will be a help with the program. For all that don't know I'm friends with a lot of parents that have kids on WB's football team and I do enjoy watching them play given ever chance. Because I do enjoy seeing them play don't mean I have to believe in the Tooth Fairy, oops I mean Shad like all the other sheep do on here.

Not sure what your getting at. I am not a coach, teacher or anyway on staff with WB. I have absolutely no say in anything they do at WB. I only know a little about the hires as I asked after the first one. AD Cupp did post it on Twitter, so it is not like it is secret information. If your looking for my motive to post, I do have one as I have a player on the team. Seems like the right thing to do is post about something good when it happens.

Regardless of whether you think Shad is a good coach or not, these hires should help. Not sure what is sheepish about that point of view.

Edited by CrossStateTraveler

4 hours ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

Not sure what your getting at. I am not a coach, teacher or anyway on staff with WB. I have absolutely no say in anything they do at WB. I only know a little about the hires as I asked after the first one. AD Cupp did post it on Twitter, so it is not like it is secret information. If your looking for my motive to post, I do have one as I have a player on the team. Seems like the right thing to do is post about something good when it happens.

Regardless of whether you think Shad is a good coach or not, these hires should help. Not sure what is sheepish about that point of view.

That is great you have a kid playing there and I do hope the new coaches from S-D will be a help to the program. Thanks for clearing that up and very sorry for mistaking you for one of the famous Do-Do Birds with many names that get on here and post, my bad. I seriously don't want to put a bad taste in your mouth about Shad either but things from the past like telling the kids if they didn't want to make the trip to Oakland in the playoffs which half the team took him up on it was okay which left the half that did go beat up like dogs and I have never forgotten that. 

20 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

That is great you have a kid playing there and I do hope the new coaches from S-D will be a help to the program. Thanks for clearing that up and very sorry for mistaking you for one of the famous Do-Do Birds with many names that get on here and post, my bad. I seriously don't want to put a bad taste in your mouth about Shad either but things from the past like telling the kids if they didn't want to make the trip to Oakland in the playoffs which half the team took him up on it was okay which left the half that did go beat up like dogs and I have never forgotten that. 

Could Shadowens be preparing to go into construction full time and brought these guys in to take over the program?Kinda weird two coaches from a solid program would leave for William Blount a cellar dweller.WB moves to a much easier Region and the these 2 coaches come in.Sounds like a change may be coming to me.

• Upvote 2

On 4/7/2021 at 4:07 AM, Jim1972 said:

Could Shadowens be preparing to go into construction full time and brought these guys in to take over the program?Kinda weird two coaches from a solid program would leave for William Blount a cellar dweller.WB moves to a much easier Region and the these 2 coaches come in.Sounds like a change may be coming to me.

Not my business but my guess is that Coach Shad goes partners with a local builder and provides the capital and splits funds at the closing. Nothing wrong with that just like someone using their funds playing the stock market. What people want to do with their money and how to invest it on the side would have nothing to do with his football coaching. If he were the general contractor it would be almost impossible to do both. One of my coaches from Maryville made an absolute fortune in the stock market back when Microsoft was penny's and that's why Maryville High has a nice weight room and a portion of that field paid off and a hefty sum given to The Blount County Animal Shelter and it sure wasn't from what he made teaching. I'm sure Shad is a very smart investor but I'm pretty sure he can't run to Home Depot during the middle of practice because the roofer ran out of shingles.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Not my business but my guess is that Coach Shad goes partners with a local builder and provides the capital and splits funds at the closing. Nothing wrong with that just like someone using their funds playing the stock market. What people want to do with their money and how to invest it on the side would have nothing to do with his football coaching. If he were the general contractor it would be almost impossible to do both. One of my coaches from Maryville made an absolute fortune in the stock market back when Microsoft was penny's and that's why Maryville High has a nice weight room and a portion of that field paid off and a hefty sum given to The Blount County Animal Shelter and it sure wasn't from what he made teaching. I'm sure Shad is a very smart investor but I'm pretty sure he can't run to Home Depot during the middle of practice because the roofer ran out of shingles.

I wonder if there are any good contractors in the area Shad can do business with???

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...