William Blount getting a little defensive about next year...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

This was more along the lines I had heard. Fairview Raiders are no more, but they will become the Governors (or some similar name to match the overall program). My understanding in the spring parent meeting was they were trying to merge it altogether. I guess we will all know more next week.

15 hours ago, Red Rebels said:

I hope they can pull it off, but I'll be pleasantly surprised if they do.  League practice started July 19 so they are already behind.  The earliest they could practice in full pads would be July 29th.  Many of the players who had previously signed up for Fairview (and practiced at WBHS) have reportedly left for other teams already.  With this late start, there may no be enough players left to pull it off. If they can't make it work this season, maybe they can plan ahead for 2022 spring to rebuild the youth program.  Like I said, I hope they can pull it off!

13 hours ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

They sure as heck haven't been rushing to do anything below the 6th grade level.

Look, I want and hope they pull it off, but it's been a debacle brewing in LA for about 3 years now with this. They've had plenty of chances to fix and move forward, but they've shown no desire that they want to.

I really hope WB and Eagleton can get youth programs going. Would be good for Blount Co. football as a whole.

8 hours ago, Solomon said:

They sure as heck haven't been rushing to do anything below the 6th grade level.

Look, I want and hope they pull it off, but it's been a debacle brewing in LA for about 3 years now with this. They've had plenty of chances to fix and move forward, but they've shown no desire that they want to.

I really hope WB and Eagleton can get youth programs going. Would be good for Blount Co. football as a whole.

I am sure it didn't help that that coach that I believe was helping organize it all left for another coaching job. The new MS coach is Coach Reeves from Heritage. I am sure he is just trying to get his feet underneath him. 

I do know for a fact that the H.S. is trying to get a feeder program established with the new name being under a WB logo of some sort. This should help eventually.

On 3/31/2021 at 1:11 AM, CrossStateTraveler said:

So not only did they hire Jay Whinery  but they also hired Chadd Clabough from South Doyle.

I don't know either one, but I am hearing good things about both.

I am also hearing there may be a few more coming in the next couple of days. 

It will be good to see some seasoned coaches that have had success elsewhere join the staff. The stars could be lining up for an interesting season in their new region.

Jay is a good friend.  Terrific defensive coach, better individual.  He also has head coaching experience from his time in Boise, Idaho.  California native, but he saw the light and came to the Southeast.  

He is a PE teacher.  

Chad is a good guy, great sense of humor.  Fun guy to be around.  

Edited by HTV

On 3/31/2021 at 10:53 AM, williebgovs04 said:

Showed some friends your message here Barney and they find it very comical that you take the time to look up WB’s opponent’s record from last year. It’s very strange how you get on here and talk about how you support the county teams and county kids then you continue to bash them, please just quit with your BS.

What is the official reason WB moved regions and decided it was in their best interest to travel all the way to Kingsport for games? Surely not just to avoid Maryville right??

17 hours ago, Rebel1972 said:

What is the official reason WB moved regions and decided it was in their best interest to travel all the way to Kingsport for games? Surely not just to avoid Maryville right??

I think it will be a good move for them. Their QB is going to be even better than his brother. They have some really good receivers. I hope they win the region (probably picked third) and we meet late in the playoffs. Kingsport lost a lot. Science Hill is up and down. W.B. has a good shot at being in the top three.  

On 7/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, CrossStateTraveler said:

I am sure it didn't help that that coach that I believe was helping organize it all left for another coaching job. The new MS coach is Coach Reeves from Heritage. I am sure he is just trying to get his feet underneath him. 

I do know for a fact that the H.S. is trying to get a feeder program established with the new name being under a WB logo of some sort. This should help eventually.

They have. I've tried to help them promote it. Just might be too little too late for the 21 season.