William Blount getting a little defensive about next year...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/31/2021 at 10:53 AM, williebgovs04 said:

Showed some friends your message here Barney and they find it very comical that you take the time to look up WB’s opponent’s record from last year. It’s very strange how you get on here and talk about how you support the county teams and county kids then you continue to bash them, please just quit with your BS.

769470940_giphy(2).gif.e5514fa00aeb326cdd98f2a10e54c45e.gif

3 hours ago, OldRebel2 said:

They need to get started early in January & February 2022 at the elementary and middle schools that feed WBHS.

They need to get their act together down there it seems. Everyone knows in Blount County that when a male is born the first thing that happens is the father gets him on the list to be on the Baby Rebs six years later then after that he's taken to surgery to be circumcised.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 7/23/2021 at 2:52 PM, Red Rebels said:

I think it will be a good move for them. Their QB is going to be even better than his brother. They have some really good receivers. I hope they win the region (probably picked third) and we meet late in the playoffs. Kingsport lost a lot. Science Hill is up and down. W.B. has a good shot at being in the top three.  

You don’t think they could have pulled that off staying where they were? Was the qb playing this year the qb that played last year or was that his brother? I know the younger one is better. I think he got an offer to ETSU but not 100 percent on that just what I heard the grandkids saying.

1 hour ago, Rebel1972 said:

You don’t think they could have pulled that off staying where they were? Was the qb playing this year the qb that played last year or was that his brother? I know the younger one is better. I think he got an offer to ETSU but not 100 percent on that just what I heard the grandkids saying.

The older one that graduated is going to ETSU. The second one will be a Junior. He doesn't have much experience, but he throws a nice ball and is crafty when he needs to be with his legs. I am guessing he is 6'4" or 6'5" now. He looks the part. Both the offense and the defense will look a little different this year.

The scrimmage on Friday should answer some questions. Then Bearden next week.

On 7/27/2021 at 2:39 PM, BarneySox2007 said:

They need to get their act together down there it seems. Everyone knows in Blount County that when a male is born the first thing that happens is the father gets him on the list to be on the Baby Rebs six years later then after that he's taken to surgery to be circumcised.

Nah, they all wait until March of their 8 year old year now.

On 7/28/2021 at 10:15 PM, Rebel1972 said:

So what is going to happen with the league this year? No Fairview or WB teams in any division? 

WBHS's feeder programs were:  Friendsville (gone), Lanier/Southside (gone), Fairiview (gone), WB Youth (never made it).  All the feeder programs for William Blount are gone.  I guess those kids interested in playing football before middle school will play in other programs.  I expect Greenback youth to be a beneficiary.