William Blount getting a little defensive about next year...

On 5/6/2021 at 11:27 AM, TitanUp2005 said:

I'm really wondering if you would say all of this to Coach Shads face. BarneySox2007 stick to discussing football and cut the personal crap out. Its very boring and unbecoming of what a man is considered by many in my world. William Blount is exactly where they need to be schedule wise. They have brought in coaches who are used to coaching in big games, so they are not afraid of Maryville and look forward to playing them in the playoffs. Time will tell, but I am very excited by what I've witnessed during these 2 weeks of spring practice. Go Govs!!!!

He wouldn't say anything to anyone's face. Barney is very passive aggressive. That is kind of his whole thing.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

He wouldn't say anything to anyone's face. Barney is very passive aggressive. That is kind of his whole thing.

Your actually a good young man I'm very proud of for going after your degree and now working on your masters and over coming great odds most would give up on. Your opinion about passive-aggressive on me has a few traits but not all. A lot of my personality and habits may have started early as high school playing football for a winning hard demanding coach and may be why I am so critical on others. Winning is the only thing I can understand and I take that right into my business. Has a lot to do why I've been very successful. I've dealt with a lot of bad azzes as a general contractor over the years and at least half a dozen are doing life in prison I've had face to face confrontations with that nearly came to blows so getting in someone's face is pretty much what I do quite a bit. I'm very sorry if I have hurt your feelings or anyone else at WB or any other school but I expect only the best and sometimes you have to rattle peoples cages to get their attention. I hope your calling games on the radio again this year and really enjoyed listening to you when I was able to tune in.

On 5/7/2021 at 11:30 AM, BarneySox2007 said:

I'm sure if I said anything to Shad he would just laugh. Shad is a head coach with much more experience with negative feedback than maybe your generation is used to. One head coach sent me a message saying he looked forward getting a blast from me before he actually got dismissed. Shad was successful where he came from because he had the tools at his side and I'm sure it's not been a bed of roses at the present job having to inch his way there. He reminds me of the guy on Green Acres that moved from New York City to retire and work a farm while having to adopt Ed, Alf & Ralph, Hank Kimble, Mr. Haney, Arnold Ziffel as adopted hired hands as part of the package. That's what Shad ran into when he came aboard and the guy that came with him jumped ship soon as he could. Maybe he has realized the only way this group will win is to play down which I don't blame him at all. Hopefully they will do well this year. Go Govs!!!!!

fDn5K-1536257860-1180-lists-arnoldpig_ma

Shad is basically the TNHSFB version of Les Miles

On 4/2/2021 at 7:40 AM, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I agree with everything you said except about Cleveland, McMinn, and Bradley. WB has beaten Cleveland and McMinn in recent years and we had a real chance of beating Bradley Central last year.  So it's not completely accurate to say WB hasn't been competitive with those teams. The fact is WB has closed the gap with the decent to good teams they play. Obviously, the 2020 Cleveland game is a notable exception. That was an awful game for the Govs.

I agree and should not have included them in the discussion. Maryville was the only one I really needed to mention. 

• 2 months later...
3 minutes ago, OldRebel2 said:

Sad!  I hate it.  They were champions (Pee Wee division) four short years ago.  Now, they appear to have folded the entire program.  That's not good new for WBHS or WBMS.  It may help Greenback.

Actually it is not completely dead from what I heard. They are supposedly playing in a JV type middle school league from what I am hearing. This means those guys will be practicing with the MS a year earlier. I don't know about the younger kids. Are they no longer playing either? What I heard could be completely wrong, but I believe the person that told me. 

14 minutes ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

Actually it is not completely dead from what I heard. They are supposedly playing in a JV type middle school league from what I am hearing. This means those guys will be practicing with the MS a year earlier. I don't know about the younger kids. Are they no longer playing either? What I heard could be completely wrong, but I believe the person that told me. 

Nope. Pee wee and grasshopper programs have also folded.

19 minutes ago, CrossStateTraveler said:

Yes JV is a go I hear, if they have enough. The younger teams have folded. Those kids will end up getting entrenched in other programs most likely, especially Greenback.