Karly Weathers has committed to Alabama Crimson Tide

gogold

2 hours ago, gogold said:

Congrats to Karly !  We are so proud of you.  You deserve it with all the hard word and dedication you put into the game.  Kelly Jolley Harper made a major mistake by not getting you.  

Congrats to Karly!! She is a great player!! I am a Tennessee Fan and have been my whole life, but I just don’t have a good vibe with Tennessee right now. Karly will do wonderful things just like she is doing in high school. Congrats again and on winning the Gold Ball!!

3 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Congrats to Karly!! She is a great player!! I am a Tennessee Fan and have been my whole life, but I just don’t have a good vibe with Tennessee right now. Karly will do wonderful things just like she is doing in high school. Congrats again and on winning the Gold Ball!!

I agree, I'm not sure what direction the Lady Vols are heading in.  I've been a big UT Vol fan for years and it's sad to see a player of Karly's caliber not dressed in orange, and she's born an raised in Tennessee.  Harper just missed the boat on this Tennessee girl.  Congrats to Bama for seeing what kind of player Karly is and will be for them moving forward.  Really disappointed in Harper on this one.

Just now, gogold said:

I agree, I'm not sure what direction the Lady Vols are heading in.  I've been a big UT Vol fan for years and it's sad to see a player of Karly's caliber not dressed in orange, and she's born an raised in Tennessee.  Harper just missed the boat on this Tennessee girl.  Congrats to Bama for seeing what kind of player Karly is and will be for them moving forward.  Really disappointed in Harper on this one.

She lives on the line, more Bama fans around and closer to home. Good choice.

1 hour ago, gogold said:

I am not so sure she will be there much longer personally. She needs to step it up. Keep in mind Danny White didn’t hire her.

48 minutes ago, repoman said:

She lives on the line, more Bama fans around and closer to home. Good choice.

She averaged 22.4 points a game and 4.3 came from the foul line.  Karly put up very good assists per game and rebounds for a guard.   What was really good about her game was her basketball I Q .  She didn't live on the line and Harper still messed up.  

5 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

I am not so sure she will be there much longer personally. She needs to step it up. Keep in mind Danny White didn’t hire her.

I think you are probably right, especially since she's not a White hire.  I would say this year and maybe next will be very important too her going forward.

32 minutes ago, gogold said:

She averaged 22.4 points a game and 4.3 came from the foul line.  Karly put up very good assists per game and rebounds for a guard.   What was really good about her game was her basketball I Q .  She didn't live on the line and Harper still messed up.  

Think he is talking about state line. I agree she is a very high IQ player. Karly draws a crowd and I think her finding open teammates was big in their run. She made some nice assists. They were clicking on all cylinders at the right time. Loretto and Macon County both got hot at the right time. 

1 hour ago, pioneer42 said:

Think he is talking about state line. I agree she is a very high IQ player. Karly draws a crowd and I think her finding open teammates was big in their run. She made some nice assists. They were clicking on all cylinders at the right time. Loretto and Macon County both got hot at the right time. 

Maybe so, but game in game out Karly was double and triple teamed.  She was beat on and she held up to this the whole season.  She had some of the best stats of any player in the state and we played the toughest schedule of any single A in the state.  Harper messed up by not really coming after her .  We can come back in 4 years and see if I'm right or wrong.

8 hours ago, gogold said:

Maybe so, but game in game out Karly was double and triple teamed.  She was beat on and she held up to this the whole season.  She had some of the best stats of any player in the state and we played the toughest schedule of any single A in the state.  Harper messed up by not really coming after her .  We can come back in 4 years and see if I'm right or wrong.

I agree. She let Chloe Moore get out of Tennessee too. You are preaching to the choir. You want me to speak honestly if I had a player recruited by Tennessee I personally wouldn’t want her there right now. I don’t see the work ethic as a coach and I see her as a follower instead of a leader. Karly is a great player. She is on the mountain top. I am with you. I don’t know what else she could do to prove her worth. But I will say this again. I don’t think she will be there more than two years.

Edited by pioneer42