Maryville High Planning to Microwave Fans with 5G Tower at Stadium this year.

BarneySox2007

22 minutes ago, BarneySox2007 said:

We live in a generation where each coming down the line has made it easier for the next until we have one that would be almost helpless in an environmental catastrophe. Didn't watch the thing so really don't know what it was about or really care. Just curious if the Alcoa Documentary mentioned one of their former head coaches in the mid to late 40's by the name of John "Nig" Wilbur. That's how his name was in several school yearbooks, newspapers and press releases. I always wondered about that, maybe he was from Nigeria.

I've watched the whole Documentary. I think it was well done. I can see how somethings pertaining to the history of the rivalry would be considered as "painting Maryville with a wide brush" or perceived.  Hence, my question. Maybe not a question, but a desire to not give people ammo or cause in this day and age.

I now am more understanding why Maryville turned down the opportunity to participate in this documentary. Perception and opening yourself up for the "hit squad" isn't a desired position. Being as obscure as possible and doing your best to do the right thing is difficult enough in today's society.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MLREB said:

I now am more understanding why Maryville turned down the opportunity to participate in this documentary. Perception and opening yourself up for the "hit squad" isn't a desired position. Being as obscure as possible and doing your best to do the right thing is difficult enough in today's society.  

Will Alcoa change their terminology? I'm making a spreadsheet. If I could get ahold of the raw video...

Well, gosh, this is... this is great stuff--

Every quarter broken down,

how many times they run each play.

I mean-- We'll be very tough defensively with this.

titans2-300x188.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, MLREB said:

Absolutely…

On 5/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, MLREB said:

Very interesting that Gary's bad call wasn't shown which led to Maryville turning the tide. Hate it for the kid that's dad who is moving him to his third high school because the NFL isn't going to be able to see what he can do if he's setting on the bench. The 7 or 8 kids that got cramps and no Maryville kids did may be because one side listens to the team nutritionist and the other side goes home and eats high on the hog. Someone needs to explain to Tammy that cussing a teacher out then going to the principals office and cussing them out isn't a disagreement, it's called your permanently expelled, now hit the trail, we don't care where you go. I just hate a movie that's not totally truthful and one sided. The twist with the Rebel Flag and all that crap is about butthurt adults. Take that out and it was a great film of some great well deserving kids.

hz-memes-3-10.jpg?width=590&height=370&fi

Edited by BarneySox2007

On 5/21/2021 at 1:10 PM, MLREB said:

image.png.e5b9d1cd961bd47e252bc756265322d6.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 10:41 PM, BCsportsfan said:

Fact!  No doubt what that tradition means.....and sad you defend it. 

The kids have been painting themselves red and black for years and years at many games, not just Alcoa.  Doing so has no relation to your inference.  However, some have hijacked the red and black painting to mean something it was never related to.  To say "No doubt what that tradition means" just shows and spreads ignorance to fit an agenda.

Edited by OldRebel2
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, strongx said:

I am trying to watch the entire series in the 4th and forever, but can’t seem to make it thru. I keep watching the battle of pistol creek episode over and over and over and over...

Put the Needle on the Record, Put the Needle on the Record, Put the Needle on the Record.