Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

1 hour ago, BCsportsfan said:

I'm very close to this specific situation.  Again no liberal can offer a valid reason why guns were easier to get decades ago, almost every guy in a small town or rural area had a gun in his vehicle at school and we didn't have a problem. I stand by my statement that all mass shootings have two things in common

1) The shooter had a horrible or absent father

2)  basically defenseless targets

I'll try to bow out of this thread now.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I'm very close to this specific situation.  Again no liberal can offer a valid reason why guns were easier to get decades ago, almost every guy in a small town or rural area had a gun in his vehicle at school and we didn't have a problem. I stand by my statement that all mass shootings have two things in common

Spot on. I know most here were initially reacting to Willie, but #1 deserves a LOT more attention in these situations.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

DId you just ignore the history of school shootings back to the 1800's?  you did have a problem.  You just didn't have the media to know about them.

5 minutes ago, guthook said:

DId you just ignore the history of school shootings back to the 1800's?  you did have a problem.  You just didn't have the media to know about them.

Have you ignored the fact that this was not a School Shooting that happened at AE yesterday? 

10 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Have you ignored the fact that this was not a School Shooting that happened at AE yesterday? 

I'd love for you to explain this to me. 

And, I was responding to 32hammer who had just informed us that there weren't gun problems in schools historically.

Edited by guthook

14 minutes ago, guthook said:

I'd love for you to explain this to me. 

And, I was responding to 32hammer who had just informed us that there weren't gun problems in schools historically.

Word for Word from TBI “We have to be careful with our language. ... This wasn't a school shooting. This was an officer-involved shooting inside a school." The shooting did happen at the school building, but a student did not shoot one of his peers or teachers, which is the definition of a school shooting. 

Like I have stated many times before something needs to be done but gun control is not going to stop what happened yesterday at AE. There is and has been Gang Violence in that area for as long as I can remember.  You still have 2 unsolved cases since January involving AE students.  The ones they have caught were 16 & 14 year that did the shooting who legally can’t own a gun no matter if you had all the restrictions on the world 

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Word for Word from TBI “We have to be careful with our language. ... This wasn't a school shooting. This was an officer-involved shooting inside a school." The shooting did happen at the school building, but a student did not shoot one of his peers or teachers, which is the definition of a school shooting. 

Like I have stated many times before something needs to be done but gun control is not going to stop what happened yesterday at AE. There is and has been Gang Violence in that area for as long as I can remember.  You still have 2 unsolved cases since January involving AE students.  The ones they have caught were 16 & 14 year that did the shooting who legally can’t own a gun no matter if you had all the restrictions on the world 

The list I shared doesn't meet that definition so I guess it's moot.  And definition or no, Shootings in schools (targeting students or adults) have happened throughout American History.  It's asinine to say this is a new problem when it clearly and factually isn't.

2 minutes ago, guthook said:

The list I shared doesn't meet that definition so I guess it's moot.  And definition or no, Shootings in schools (targeting students or adults) have happened throughout American History.  It's asinine to say this is a new problem when it clearly and factually isn't.

That is completely fine it doesn’t meet that definition but you can’t say something is a school shooting if it’s not a school shooting, the same way I called out Willie for trying to say that it was a Mass shooting when it wasn’t that either.

You are bring up a list of school shooting which wouldn’t even apply to this situation.  (Maybe we need to start a new thread for that issues). What happen yesterday was tragic but let’s not try to spin what actually happened.  What would be your solution to what happened yesterday?

2 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Teacher's ain't what they used to be. I would never put a gun in a teachers hands. 

Waco yore problee rite abowt thait.....Down att tha U ov A (Allin-Wick) we haid a maff teechur that wuz abowt 5'11" 255.....She haid hur paddull thait she used hangin' upp onn a nale att tha end ov tha chawlk bored....She haid a sortee haipy face once she haid a reesun two taik ewe out inn tha hall and enflict punnishmunt onn yore baickside....Hur face wood git az red az hur hare and she haid a swing like Boog Powell.....Man she cood maik yore I's water......Bless hur hart....:popcorneater:

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Swipes said:

That is completely fine it doesn’t meet that definition but you can’t say something is a school shooting if it’s not a school shooting, the same way I called out Willie for trying to say that it was a Mass shooting when it wasn’t that either.

You are bring up a list of school shooting which wouldn’t even apply to this situation.  (Maybe we need to start a new thread for that issues). What happen yesterday was tragic but let’s not try to spin what actually happened.  What would be your solution to what happened yesterday?

School shooting, in the typical case, an event in which a student at an educational institution—an elementary, middle, or high school or a college or university—shoots and injures or kills at least one other student or faculty member on the grounds of that institution. Such incidents usually involve multiple deaths. Rampage school shootings are a type of school shooting where no single or specific individual is targeted by the shooter. Although school shootings occur worldwide, the United States has been the scene of the vast majority of the attacks, especially since the late 20th century.

- Brittanica

Strangely, the FBI doesn't really decide how things are defined except for their own purposes.
Edited by guthook