Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

18 minutes ago, STARSNBARS said:

Waco yore problee rite abowt thait.....Down att tha U ov A (Allin-Wick) we haid a maff teechur that wuz abowt 5'11" 255.....She haid hur paddull thait she used hangin' upp onn a nale att tha end ov tha chawlk bored....She haid a sortee haipy face once she haid a reesun two taik ewe out inn tha hall and enflict punnishmunt onn yore baickside....Hur face wood git az red az hur hare and she haid a swing like Boog Powell.....Man she cood maik yore I's water......Bless hur hart....:popcorneater:

And she definitely should never be give a gun...

8 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Hey Willie, as a conservative I have to say that you are by far my favorite liberal on the T, too bad our teams never play because it would be nice to meet one day

I really do appreciate your love for prep sports and your loyalty to you team. I would love for Oak Ridge to play Alcoa on a Friday night. I maybe wrong but haven't the two schools played Freshmen/JV with Alcoa on top?

14 minutes ago, guthook said:

School shooting, in the typical case, an event in which a student at an educational institution—an elementary, middle, or high school or a college or university—shoots and injures or kills at least one other student or faculty member on the grounds of that institution. Such incidents usually involve multiple deaths. Rampage school shootings are a type of school shooting where no single or specific individual is targeted by the shooter. Although school shootings occur worldwide, the United States has been the scene of the vast majority of the attacks, especially since the late 20th century.

- Brittanica

Strangely, the FBI doesn't really decide how things are defined except for their own purposes.

Have you even taken time to read anything about what happen at AE? 

The definition you just used would be correct for a school shooting but that’s not what happened yesterday.  A student shot a KPD Officer (not a Student or Faculty member ) when the officer went into the restroom (after the Student wouldn’t come out after he was ordered to ) and shot at the OFFICER with the Officer (a 20 year Veteran with KPD) returning fire and killing the Student who shot him.

I hate to tell you that KPD Officers are not school employees or Faculty.

5 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

I really do appreciate your love for prep sports and your loyalty to you team. I would love for Oak Ridge to play Alcoa on a Friday night. I maybe wrong but haven't the two schools played Freshmen/JV with Alcoa on top?

He isn’t a Alcoa Fan Willie....He is a Daniel Boone fan

4 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

It's idiots like you that are at the rout of the problem. Nobody with half a brain is calling this a mass shooting (except you). Then you go on to blame it on the NRA and Republicans. I'd bet the farm that the student with the gun was not a Republican or a member of the NRA. 

Sticks and Stones. Sticks and Stones. 

21 minutes ago, KEV-O said:

What do you suggest then?

Good luck with that answer because I’ve asked him the same thing without a response.  

1. Put a dang metal detector at the school entrance like the community at AE has asked (it was shut down by the Knox County Schools and clear bag policy was put in place instead)

2.  More police officers actually stationed at the school (the city had a 1 million budget amendment earlier this year for that reason to up the police presence in that area)

3. Cracking down on gang violence that has been rampant in that area and charging people to the Max when caught. (Most of these shooting have been by other juveniles)

4. If the metal detectors aren’t good enough then pat downs before entering the school could be put in place.

Those are just A few but blaming the NRA or the Republican Party is asinine and thinking more guns laws would have changed what happened yesterday is asinine also.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, guthook said:

The list I shared doesn't meet that definition so I guess it's moot.  And definition or no, Shootings in schools (targeting students or adults) have happened throughout American History.  It's asinine to say this is a new problem when it clearly and factually isn't.

Your momma's calling.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

Remember, they still believe trump's BIG LIE. 

Office Adam Wilson, shot at Austin-East,  is doing better in the hospital. All Lives Matter.

Stop talking out your tail Willie!  Please tell us what Trump’s Big Lie was and how any of this has to do with what happened at AE yesterday?

You would get knocked out (possibly worse) if you said All Lives Matter in certain parts of Knoxville and that includes the AE Community. It  derails the specific conversation about racism against Black people. The phrase is seen to dismiss, ignore, or deny these problems — it shuts down this important discussion since it was taken from the BLM movement.  

• Like 1