Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

I read just a few of the post and will give Batman's thoughts .I'm pro gun but at the same time,I feel that "some people" should not have a weapon of any kind around other people but how are you going to stop it. I say weapon because it doesn't have to be a gun.Could be a knife,bow,stick,rock or any one of a thousand things.They don't have guns in jail but people die all the time there.Bad people will do bad things and good people shouId not be the only ones without a way to protect themselves.

Edited by BatmanDevil
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Your “objective evidence” is purely anecdotal though. A child raised in a two parent household indeed has a much better likelihood of success for a multitude of reasons, but you’ve injected your own religious dogma into the equation. 

Decades of observation with thousands of children counts as objective evidence.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, tradertwo said:

His religious connection has merit... even the behavioral therapist's who do not believe in Christianity agree that applied Christian principals positively affect behavior. As for the rest, the mere presence of a male figure in the household staggeringly increases young males (females too, but less dramatic) chances of becoming productive members of society, as well as lessening the odds of them ever being incarcerated. Denzel Washington, Morgan Freeman, and many others are very outspoken in their beliefs that perfectly align with what 32hammer is saying, and have much research & specific data to back it up.

I’d like to see the link to this study. Also, what exactly are “applied Christian principles”? There are numerous customary norms of Christianity that can be found in other religions or even just basic societal constructs. Most people I come across in my line of work consider themselves Christian (upwards of 90%), and I gotta say, their social habits are all over the place, though not much different from their counterparts that practice other faiths or lack thereof.

It’s been my experience that the majority of people regardless of faith are decent folks (basic empathy, compassion, and a desire to do well in their community). Those who do not fit that description seem to be pretty random along the socioeconomic and religious spectrum. 

Edited by MSURacer

5 hours ago, 32hammer said:

Decades of observation with thousands of children counts as objective evidence.  

Not unless you also observed thousands of non-Christian children as a control group it doesn't. And given the religious demographics of this region, I highly doubt that you did. 

4 hours ago, Turtle said:

SMH at all of you!!   Just pray for my Roadrunners and Community that's all  that's needed to be said.  

With all due respect not talking about it does nothing. I myself and everyone else here shouldn't feel ashamed to talk about an issue like this. There is a real problem here that needs to be talked about not hushed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KEV-O said:

With all due respect not talking about it does nothing. I myself and everyone else here shouldn't feel ashamed to talk about an issue like this. There is a real problem here that needs to be talked about not hushed. 

No one is talking about it anyway.  This has turned into a debate of whether religious, intact families have more moral kids.  And no one has provided any facts to support their ideas.  

8 hours ago, MSURacer said:

Not unless you also observed thousands of non-Christian children as a control group it doesn't. And given the religious demographics of this region, I highly doubt that you did. 

I have observed thousands of children without a strong Christian father in the home ( which was my  point)  which would serve as my control group.  But again, everyone is free to believe what they would like and its obvious you and I will not agree on this issue. We are at an impasse.  I wish you well and hopefully in the future we can discussions on Coach T  on much less serious issues such as HS sports.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 32hammer said:

I have observed thousands of children without a strong Christian father in the home ( which was my  point)  which would serve as my control group.  But again, everyone is free to believe what they would like and its obvious you and I will not agree on this issue. We are at an impasse.  I wish you well and hopefully in the future we can discussions on Coach T  on much less serious issues such as HS sports.

The flaw in your study is that you believe you are objective.  

57 minutes ago, guthook said:

The flaw in your study is that you believe you are objective.  

Why evidence do you have that shows he is not objective?  He has only mentioned his opinion based on things that he has directly experienced. If you think he is biased in some way please support with evidence. 

Edited by BIGPURPLEMACHINE
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1