Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

1 hour ago, guthook said:

Ah yes, Let's start with King David, "The man after God's own heart."  His father Jesse, was honestly more righteous than he.  Jesse was a humble, god-fearing father, and yet he raised a man so full of lust that he sent an innocent man to his death in order to bed his wife.

Or maybe the first father, Adam, who clearly loved God, and yet raised a child prone to fratricide.

That's enough, but we could do this all day.  

Nice deflection hypocrite.I don't think 32hammer is old enough to have King David or Adam in his "control group."I seriously doubt Long was either.Really pitiful to take someone's sincere desire to help and spew your vileness on him.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Opie Shaggnasty said:

Nice deflection hypocrite.I don't think 32hammer is old enough to have King David or Adam in his "control group."I seriously doubt Long was either.Really pitiful to take someone's sincere desire to help and spew your vileness on him.

I'll try to model myself after your Christ-like character in the future.

18 hours ago, MSURacer said:

I’d like to see the link to this study. Also, what exactly are “applied Christian principles”? There are numerous customary norms of Christianity that can be found in other religions or even just basic societal constructs. Most people I come across in my line of work consider themselves Christian (upwards of 90%), and I gotta say, their social habits are all over the place, though not much different from their counterparts that practice other faiths or lack thereof.

It’s been my experience that the majority of people regardless of faith are decent folks (basic empathy, compassion, and a desire to do well in their community). Those who do not fit that description seem to be pretty random along the socioeconomic and religious spectrum. 

Second question first, because it's simple... 10 Commandments. Teach this simple list of do's and don'ts to your child, and consistently apply them in their upbringing, and the chances that they commit or fall victim to violent crime go way down. The fact that you say some other religions or non religious people demonstrate the same "good" qualities just makes my point that religion aside, the applied principals produce results.

As for a link to "the study"... I haven't published one. I have read extensively on the matter, including a booklet of tendencies, and the measures and deterrents recommended by the Henderson County Sherriff's Dept. to the HBCOE regarding school related shootings. The findings were compiled from Government statistic's regarding backgrounds and tendencies of past shooters.

If reading isn't your thing, youtube Denzel Washington. The man is passionate about improving the chances of the impoverished youth of our country.

EDIT...

This is just opinion, but religion would solve it best.

Edited by tradertwo
  • Like 1

This could go on for years but we all know most people are set in their ways when it comes to religion or personal beliefs.The best example I ever seen was two of my best friends having  a three hour long discussion at my house.One a preacher and the other an atheist. There were no raised voices or tempers but actually some agreement on some things. Both knew the bible as well as anyone I've ever seen and shook hands when it was over. That's not going to happen a lot of times,even when you get three different types of baptist together.I actually seen that and all three were sending the other two south with their stance. I just try to do the best I can and not judge others because Batman is far from perfect.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, BatmanDevil said:

This could go on for years but we all know most people are set in their ways when it comes to religion or personal beliefs.The best example I ever seen was two of my best friends having  a three hour long discussion at my house.One a preacher and the other an atheist. There were no raised voices or tempers but actually some agreement on some things. Both knew the bible as well as anyone I've ever seen and shook hands when it was over. That's not going to happen a lot of times,even when you get three different types of baptist together.I actually seen that and all three were sending the other two south with their stance. I just try to do the best I can and not judge others because Batman is far from perfect.

Thank you BatD. I hope people actually read your post and think how they could apply it to their own life. I have.

1 hour ago, BatmanDevil said:

We're all far from perfect Batman. We should all keep that in mind while we strive to be better.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, BatmanDevil said:

Question, If this atheist knew the bible as well as anyone how is he a atheist?  I assume he didn't have another book to compare the Bible to. Like the Book of Satan or something. I don't think Satan was put in a very good light in the Bible. I wonder why he chose to go with Satan. 

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Question, If this atheist knew the bible as well as anyone how is he a atheist?  I assume he didn't have another book to compare the Bible to. Like the Book of Satan or something. I don't think Satan was put in a very good light in the Bible. I wonder why he chose to go with Satan. 

An atheist isn’t a devil worshipper. They believe in no after life. It is possible for an atheist to know the Bible incredibly well and not believe a word of it. I am a chef or the record. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

An atheist isn’t a devil worshipper. They believe in no after life. It is possible for an atheist to know the Bible incredibly well and not believe a word of it. I am a chef or the record. 

I don't know about that. You either worship God or you worship Satan. Whether you know it or not. If you don't believe in the after life then you don't "know the Bible incredibly well". 

• Sad 1