Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2021 at 6:20 PM, BatmanDevil said:

This could go on for years but we all know most people are set in their ways when it comes to religion or personal beliefs.The best example I ever seen was two of my best friends having  a three hour long discussion at my house.One a preacher and the other an atheist. There were no raised voices or tempers but actually some agreement on some things. Both knew the bible as well as anyone I've ever seen and shook hands when it was over. That's not going to happen a lot of times,even when you get three different types of baptist together.I actually seen that and all three were sending the other two south with their stance. I just try to do the best I can and not judge others because Batman is far from perfect.

Batman - if you get 2 Baptists together then you have 3 opinions....   I know because I are one haha

On 4/17/2021 at 3:33 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Question, If this atheist knew the bible as well as anyone how is he a atheist?  I assume he didn't have another book to compare the Bible to. Like the Book of Satan or something. I don't think Satan was put in a very good light in the Bible. I wonder why he chose to go with Satan. 

Does CoachT have a "Hall of Fame" for posts like this?  When I say "Hall of Fame" I mean for posts that show just how clueless some posters can be when behind a keyboard.

"If a christian knew the bible as well as anyone, how is he still an a hole"?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Does CoachT have a "Hall of Fame" for posts like this?  When I say "Hall of Fame" I mean for posts that show just how clueless some posters can be when behind a keyboard.

"If a christian knew the bible as well as anyone, how is he still an a hole"?

Clearly a big difference in "knowing what The Bible says" and "understanding it" ....Believing in The Bible is a personal choice.... As a relevant question, if one really understood The Word, would they really choose not to believe? The Bible lays out very specific what happens to those non-believers. If you are a believer and it all happens to be " untrue and there is no heaven or heck, you are no worse off and You lead a great life... If you choose not to believe and it is 100 % the truth( as I believe it is) then what ?

Edited by Blaze45

3 hours ago, Blaze45 said:

Clearly a big difference in "knowing what The Bible says" and "understanding it" ....Believing in The Bible is a personal choice.... As a relevant question, if one really understood The Word, would they really choose not to believe? The Bible lays out very specific what happens to those non-believers. If you are a believer and it all happens to be " untrue and there is no heaven or heck, you are no worse off and You lead a great life... If you choose not to believe and it is 100 % the truth( as I believe it is) then what ?

I honestly don't think that "logic" like this is the way to convince people.

I would normally have responded with something snarky like... You cat see gravity , but you believe in it. Most folks can't explain how a microwave works, but they continue to put food in it. Not alot of folks can explain cell phones and how sound is transmitted in silence to another phone where it is then heard, but they spend 100.s of dollars on them.... Or my favorite... You cant see, smell or taste oxygen , but you believe it is all around you .... For all the scientist on the site remember this from your early years of study...it is absolutely impossible to create something from nothing. So a world so perfectly balanced that it support all types of life form,  sprang up from nothing that just existed.....sounds reasonable... but I need to convince a non-believer with something other than logic? Sounds about right.

On 4/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, WilleTheWildcat said:

Instead of acting shocked lets do something, there is a plausible solution but the NRA and the Republican Party will not act. 

I join you in prayer for the victims. You are a good person.

Pretty aggressive move blaming the Republican Party as part of it. District 2 which AE resides in is ran by Democrats. Instead of blaming a certain party, go to the community and listen to what they need, listen to their stories and lastly don't offer up suggestions.  I went to the culture center after the 3rd one was shot, not to offer anything except be present to show a non-gun carrying white Republican cares. Here is what they want, jobs, opportunity, vocational programs in school, easy access to after school programs and to do what you're say you're going to do in office once elected. Don't show up after a shooting and do a press conference in the park in front of the cameras. Meanwhile a 7 year old was shot in Chicago along with her father in a gang hit, not sure those on the hit carried NRA cards wearing Trump Hats.