Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

1 minute ago, Blaze45 said:

I would normally have responded with something snarky like... You cat see gravity , but you believe in it. Most folks can't explain how a microwave works, but they continue to put food in it. Not alot of folks can explain cell phones and how sound is transmitted in silence to another phone where it is then heard, but they spend 100.s of dollars on them.... Or my favorite... You cant see, smell or taste oxygen , but you believe it is all around you .... For all the scientist on the site remember this from your early years of study...it is absolutely impossible to create something from nothing. So a world so perfectly balanced that it support all types of life form,  sprang up from nothing that just existed.....sounds reasonable... but I need to convince a non-believer with something other than logic? Sounds about right.

That's what I was getting at.  It requires an emotional connection rather than some "logical" rational one.

2 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

I would normally have responded with something snarky like... You cat see gravity , but you believe in it. Most folks can't explain how a microwave works, but they continue to put food in it. Not alot of folks can explain cell phones and how sound is transmitted in silence to another phone where it is then heard, but they spend 100.s of dollars on them.... Or my favorite... You cant see, smell or taste oxygen , but you believe it is all around you .... For all the scientist on the site remember this from your early years of study...it is absolutely impossible to create something from nothing. So a world so perfectly balanced that it support all types of life form,  sprang up from nothing that just existed.....sounds reasonable... but I need to convince a non-believer with something other than logic? Sounds about right.

Blaze45 we know the ending and everything being negatively said against the Lord is just fulfilling prophecy.

Matthew 24:10-13  At that time many will turn away from their faith, and will betray and hate each other, and many false prophets will appear and deceive many people. Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but the one who stands firm to the end will be saved.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, guthook said:

That's what I was getting at.  It requires an emotional connection rather than some "logical" rational one.

I get it, but where most folks that are atheist believe that it is "not logical" that creationism is real. It is not logical that there is a God, BUT even some professors that teach science will tell you that the probability that there is a God that created the heavens and Earth is over a million times more likely than the ever popular it just magically happened and worked out theory"  I will share my God story and hope it helps others find their way....but if I have to drag them to the cross, they will only refuse to see it. Funny thing I have heard many a non-believer cry out to a God they spent their life denying, in hopes he would acknowledge their cries,  when their child was in danger of dying, or their marriage failed.... God will bring you to your knees one way or another... that's guaranteed 

Edited by Blaze45
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Blaze45 said:

Funny thing I have heard many a non-believer cry out to a God they spent their life denying when their child was in danger of dying, or their marriage failed.... God will bring you to your knees one way or another... that's guaranteed 

Hilarious...

13 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Pretty aggressive move blaming the Republican Party as part of it. District 2 which AE resides in is ran by Democrats. Instead of blaming a certain party, go to the community and listen to what they need, listen to their stories and lastly don't offer up suggestions.  I went to the culture center after the 3rd one was shot, not to offer anything except be present to show a non-gun carrying white Republican cares. Here is what they want, jobs, opportunity, vocational programs in school, easy access to after school programs and to do what you're say you're going to do in office once elected. Don't show up after a shooting and do a press conference in the park in front of the cameras. Meanwhile a 7 year old was shot in Chicago along with her father in a gang hit, not sure those on the hit carried NRA cards wearing Trump Hats. 

I have thought about what you said and agree. 

15 hours ago, Americal198 said:

References to a "remnant" of believers who survived wars, plagues and upheavals are made in the Bible. God's people will always be here.

I think you're talking about the "chosen people", many of whom are not believers.  And best I can tell, that ain't most of us.

Allah, Hayyi Rabbi, Bhagavan, Jesus, Xwede, Budda

Who is right and why from this group?  Do they all exist or are they all just the same entity in different names?  Do any of them exist at all or were they "created" by "followers" centuries after then events supposedly happened to control lesser people?  

24 minutes ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Who is right and why from this group?  Do they all exist or are they all just the same entity in different names?  Do any of them exist at all or were they "created" by "followers" centuries after then events supposedly happened to control lesser people?  

only ONE affected time...............

April 20th, 2021 AD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Coming from someone who is so educated and well informed ,  why would you waste your precious time pondering something/someone that you believe doesn't exist? This post seems more like an exercise in needling those that do. 

Edited by Blaze45
  • Like 2