Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

On 4/17/2021 at 4:33 PM, WaCoJaCo said:

Question, If this atheist knew the bible as well as anyone how is he a atheist?  I assume he didn't have another book to compare the Bible to. Like the Book of Satan or something. I don't think Satan was put in a very good light in the Bible. I wonder why he chose to go with Satan. 

First time I've checked back in a few days.To answer your question as best as I can. A few others wondered or weighed in as well. So here we go. My friend wasn't always an atheist. He was once a hard core Pentecostal and when he left that church,he started spending every bit of his spare time studying every type of religion. I guess to prove them all wrong. He has read most every major religious writing as well as studying the Bible through multiple times. My friend that is a preacher,is truly a genius who could have chosen any professional career but loves God most of all .That set the stage for a super showdown. One of those that listened went to Seminary college and didn't even want to get in that one.All I have personally said to my  friend about religion is " if anyone in the world has is right ",I hope it's not you ! 

8 hours ago, TeeterTot2 said:

Allah, Hayyi Rabbi, Bhagavan, Jesus, Xwede, Budda

Who is right and why from this group?  Do they all exist or are they all just the same entity in different names?  Do any of them exist at all or were they "created" by "followers" centuries after then events supposedly happened to control lesser people?  

There is more historical non biblical evidence that Jesus Christ existed than there is that Christopher Columbus existed.

https://www.bethinking.org/jesus/ancient-evidence-for-jesus-from-non-christian-sources

Edited by Opie Shaggnasty
  • Like 1

So back to the Austin East tragedy. Do we know yet if the student even had a gun?  Apparently a police officer shot the student and another police officer then shot him? I still haven't seen for sure if the student was even armed. WTH?  We just witnessed that cop in Minn. get convicted for straight up murdering George Floyd. Floyd was no saint but that was just insane. Call me crazy but I don't think race had anything to do with it. Crazy people are coming out of the woodwork. Now I just heard where a young black girl in Ohio was shot four times by police there. Apparently she had picked up a knife to defend herself in a fight with others, the police rolled up and shot her. (now keep in mind it's the media reporting this) So I want to support the police but this has to stop. The communist left will defund the police and take away their weapons, then this country will turn into a complete HE double L hole. Seems like the whole world is losing it's mind. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yep,bad cops are the worst thing in the world for the vast good ones. I hate it because many times they have to make a split second decision that could end their own lives by being to cautious or as we have seen ,go the other way with the bad decisions around the country, I have not seen the story but can't understand why anyone would have to shoot a girl four times with a knife. 

4 hours ago, Turtle said:

What’s the real problem ?  

What drove a student to potentially even have a gun at school. Why he feels the need to have one. Was he being bullied? Was he the bully? Does he feel he needed to protect himself from possibly other students with gun's? These are questions we can't ask him now but it sounds like there might be more to it then what's on the surface. 

Well they just released the Body Cam Footage. (Wasn't something anything would want to watch).  The Student had a gun in his hoodie pocket and the office saw the barrel and him reaching for it when they were trying to restrain him when shots got fired. (First Shot hit a trash can from the students gun and Officer Clabough (An African American Officer) shot twice hitting Thompson and Officer Wilson.  The reason the Cops showed up in the first place was because Thompson's Girlfriends Mother Called KPD because him and her daughter got into a physical altercation. 

"Perkins said Thompson and her daughter, a junior, had dated for nine months. The girl called Perkins from an assistant principal’s office earlier Monday, saying she was upset and wanted to leave school early. Perkins said she allowed her to sign out and go home, where the girl indicated she and Thompson got into a scuffle during an argument.

Perkins said she tried without success to reach Thompson’s mother before calling police. An officer came to her home to take a statement. Perkins said she also exchanged text messages with Thompson, telling him that an officer would be coming to the school.

“Anthony was aware that I had called the police and made a report,” Perkins said.

Not long after that, Perkins said she saw a helicopter above the school and learned that the school was on lockdown. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said police responded to a report of a possible gunman about 15 minutes before the school’s 3:30 p.m. dismissal.

Perkins said she now wishes she had never called police.

“I am so sorry, and I never meant for anything to happen to him,” Perkins said. “We are mourning, my daughter is grieving the loss of her first love and we also want answers and justice in this case.”

• Upvote 1

On 4/20/2021 at 8:19 AM, guthook said:

I think you're talking about the "chosen people", many of whom are not believers.  And best I can tell, that ain't most of us.

Mention of a remnant is found in both the Old and New Testaments. By definition, a remnant is something that is left over and not necessarily considered to be "most" or a majority.

1 hour ago, Swipes said:

Well they just released the Body Cam Footage. (Wasn't something anything would want to watch).  The Student had a gun in his hoodie pocket and the office saw the barrel and him reaching for it when they were trying to restrain him when shots got fired. (First Shot hit a trash can from the students gun and Officer Clabough (An African American Officer) shot twice hitting Thompson and Officer Wilson.  The reason the Cops showed up in the first place was because Thompson's Girlfriends Mother Called KPD because him and her daughter got into a physical altercation. 

"Perkins said Thompson and her daughter, a junior, had dated for nine months. The girl called Perkins from an assistant principal’s office earlier Monday, saying she was upset and wanted to leave school early. Perkins said she allowed her to sign out and go home, where the girl indicated she and Thompson got into a scuffle during an argument.

Perkins said she tried without success to reach Thompson’s mother before calling police. An officer came to her home to take a statement. Perkins said she also exchanged text messages with Thompson, telling him that an officer would be coming to the school.

“Anthony was aware that I had called the police and made a report,” Perkins said.

Not long after that, Perkins said she saw a helicopter above the school and learned that the school was on lockdown. The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said police responded to a report of a possible gunman about 15 minutes before the school’s 3:30 p.m. dismissal.

Perkins said she now wishes she had never called police.

“I am so sorry, and I never meant for anything to happen to him,” Perkins said. “We are mourning, my daughter is grieving the loss of her first love and we also want answers and justice in this case.”

That last paragraph should tell everyone that we're all headed for a very bad time in this country. The media and politicians have been successful in dividing us by race. When it breaks out the government will declare martial law and we'll all (black and white) lose every freedom we now have. Think it won't happen?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, strongx said:

Apparently he planned to defend himself from the police. Bad plan with a tragic result.

LOL, Judging from the past troubles at that school I don't think he was worried about the police. Most likely to defend himself against other's within the school. Most likely not his first day at school with a gun and most likely several others carry guns to school everyday. Very poor leadership at Austin East. They knew it was going on, have know for years, could of installed metal detectors at all doors but refused to. Knoxville is a liberal run city just like all the other cities having trouble right now. But hey. lets blame Conservatives. the NRA, and Trump. Ignorant people everywhere.

• Like 1