Shooting at Austin-East...very SAD!

20 minutes ago, guthook said:

You're not real comfortable with civil discourse are you?

I'm not real comfortable with people calling something that it is in fact it's not.  If you actually have an argument and have facts to back up your argument, then I'll listen.

Edited by Swipes

1 minute ago, Swipes said:

I'm not real comfortable with people calling something that it is in fact not.  If you actually have an argument and have facts to back up your argument, then I'll listen.

I'd still say that you're splitting hairs.  This is an officer that is assigned to the school and works in conjunction with the administration.  But whatever, I'm not stressed out enough over it to call you names.

21 hours ago, 32hammer said:

I'm very close to this specific situation.  Again no liberal can offer a valid reason why guns were easier to get decades ago, almost every guy in a small town or rural area had a gun in his vehicle at school and we didn't have a problem. I stand by my statement that all mass shootings have two things in common

1) The shooter had a horrible or absent father

2)  basically defenseless targets

I'll try to bow out of this thread now.

Curious about your father theory. Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold (the Columbine shooters) both had present and attentive fathers from what I remember. So did Elliot Rodger. 

18 minutes ago, guthook said:

I'd still say that you're splitting hairs.  This is an officer that is assigned to the school and works in conjunction with the administration.  But whatever, I'm not stressed out enough over it to call you names.

And why it was called an Officer involved shooting at the school and not a school shooting. (You even used officer instead of faculty member).  Multiple officers were on scene when it happened not just Wilson the resource officer and at that point, the student hadn't done anything with the firearm until the officers engaged. So if it was a different Officer that was hit would you really think differently?   It hasn't even been released yet if Wilson was even the officer that shot him. They are still trying to find the motive for why he had a gun at the school in the first place and his GF has even came out and said they were mad at each other that day.

"This wasn't a school shooting, this was an officer-involved shooting inside of a school, much different. At this point, the student hadn't done anything with the firearm until the officers engaged," TBI said. "It's important to make that distinction." This was from the CNN article

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

And why it was called an Officer involved shooting at the school and not a school shooting. (You even used officer instead of faculty member).  Multiple officers were on scene when it happened not just Wilson the resource officer and at that point, the student hadn't done anything with the firearm until the officers engaged. So if it was a different Officer that was hit would you really think differently?   It hasn't even been released yet if Wilson was even the officer that shot him. They are still trying to find the motive for why he had a gun at the school in the first place and his GF has even came out and said they were mad at each other that day.

"This wasn't a school shooting, this was an officer-involved shooting inside of a school, much different. At this point, the student hadn't done anything with the firearm until the officers engaged," TBI said. "It's important to make that distinction." This was from the CNN article

Why don't you want it described as a school shooting?  I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from.

1 minute ago, guthook said:

Why don't you want it described as a school shooting?  I'm not sure I understand where you're coming from.

Because it wasn't a school shooting is why it shouldn't be described as one.  Classifying things that they aren't is dangerous is where I'm coming from.  School Shootings are when the suspect is going after a student or faculty member to do harm too which was not the case with the "At this point, the student hadn't done anything with the firearm until the officers engaged" comment when they found him in the bathroom because they had a tip that a student had a gun.  He could have had it for protection for leaving school for all we know right now and why they are still trying to find out why he had the gun ion school in the first place.

11 minutes ago, guthook said:

By your logic: Kenny Bartley wasn't a school shooter then.  His intention was to sell the gun.

Get your story straight he planned to trade the gun for Oxy's not sell the gun.  He also went after  the three school  officials (Faculty once again)  when he stood up with the gun waving it at them (Not loaded at that point) he then pulled out an ammunition clip, loaded the gun and fired.  Bartley also made the comment " Yes, it’s real. I’ll show you. I never liked you anyway. "

School Shootings are when the suspect is going after a student or faculty member to do harm too so yes by my Logic Kenny Bartley was a school shooter going after the three school officials.