AC Mavs 2021

Djohnson

2021 Mavericks are loaded and ready for a playoff run again.  They return the QB, who took over after week 4 I think.  Sophomore Martinez threw it all over the field and gave the Mavericks a chance at the end of the second round game with Greeneville.  He has been on the big game stage , and it won't be his first rodeo when the Mavericks open up with top ranked Powell to kick off the season.  All State Sophomore RB Gavin Noe will be right beside him bigger and stronger than last season. Martinez has several receivers back from last season including Zach Shannon, always dangerous Bryson Vowell, Terry, Davis, Russell, Williams, Miller,Braden, Phillips and many others who ran rough shot over their opponents last season.   Up front, they bring back Sexton, Cain, Caylor, Nelson, just to name few.   Defensively,  the Mavs will bring back Anthony White, who missed most of last season with injury.  He is huge, and ready for a breakout year.  Terry , Thor Williams and Tate Russell will be back with all the experience from last season in the secondary along with the Miller kid and Braden.  Eli Nelson made a huge impact last season as a freshman DT, and should be ready for another big year. They are fast, athletic and have had a great off season.  I watched a few cuts of the 7v7 this winter and they have been tearing it up, winning in some big tourneys. Kicking game is solid, even with losing Bethel to the SEC.   AD says the Mavs Coaching staff stays in tact again for the 8th or 9th year in a row.  Construction site near the visitor sideline has the indicator of a massive Jumbotron.  It will fit perfect with the fireworks, dancing LED light show, and Live Bulls.  I know Greeneville and Elizabethton will have their teams back as well, and this Maverick Fan is excited for those games again.  

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, olhickory said:

2021 Mavericks are loaded and ready for a playoff run again.  They return the QB, who took over after week 4 I think.  Sophomore Martinez threw it all over the field and gave the Mavericks a chance at the end of the second round game with Greeneville.  He has been on the big game stage , and it won't be his first rodeo when the Mavericks open up with top ranked Powell to kick off the season.  All State Sophomore RB Gavin Noe will be right beside him bigger and stronger than last season. Martinez has several receivers back from last season including Zach Shannon, always dangerous Bryson Vowell, Terry, Davis, Russell, Williams, Miller,Braden, Phillips and many others who ran rough shot over their opponents last season.   Up front, they bring back Sexton, Cain, Caylor, Nelson, just to name few.   Defensively,  the Mavs will bring back Anthony White, who missed most of last season with injury.  He is huge, and ready for a breakout year.  Terry , Thor Williams and Tate Russell will be back with all the experience from last season in the secondary along with the Miller kid and Braden.  Eli Nelson made a huge impact last season as a freshman DT, and should be ready for another big year. They are fast, athletic and have had a great off season.  I watched a few cuts of the 7v7 this winter and they have been tearing it up, winning in some big tourneys. Kicking game is solid, even with losing Bethel to the SEC.   AD says the Mavs Coaching staff stays in tact again for the 8th or 9th year in a row.  Construction site near the visitor sideline has the indicator of a massive Jumbotron.  It will fit perfect with the fireworks, dancing LED light show, and Live Bulls.  I know Greeneville and Elizabethton will have their teams back as well, and this Maverick Fan is excited for those games again.  

I thought Bethel was the only coaches Allstate performer AC had. I missed Noe on the list. Sorry Noe was on the sportswriter Allstate Team. Saw him against Greeneville. Has a big upside.

Edited by noonesfool

4 minutes ago, Swipes said:

He was on the sports writers one Coach. Tough nosed hard runner (old school).

Swipes, I updated my post. Went back and pulled the Sports writers AS and there he was. Watched him against Greeneville. Hard nose is right. Reminds me of his old coach. I really believe Coach was a step faster in his day.

Edited by noonesfool

47 minutes ago, olhickory said:

Good stuff olhickory!  You will have SD and Gary to worry about first to see who you will play first.

11 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

Swipes, I updated my post. Went back and pulled the Sports writers AS and there he was. Watched him against Greeneville. Hard nose is right. Reminds me of his old coach. I really believe Coach was a step faster in his day.

Same style of running I had back in the day at GHS.  I would rather run through you than around you :lol:.  You did coach against his old coach as a player so you definitely would know! ( A few years before my times remembering the Jasmine Lowery days )

58 minutes ago, olhickory said:

Great read! Enjoyed it

Anderson County 7v7 team, Code Blue headed to Orlando this weekend for a National Tourney.  They have been on a tear through the 7v7 the last couple years, and will make the trip down 75 into gator country for some great  competition.  Mav Fans, look for updated information on their results on the AD's twitter feed. The Maverick AD will be in attendance I am told.  Spring practice dates will begin the first week of May.