AC Mavs 2021

Djohnson

G

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Thanks Swipes. The speed with just Gudgar (spelling correct?) but he took it all the way each time he played us. I am so glad he's gone lol but from bad to worse now with the tracksters I read about at Greeneville this will be exciting year for Greeneville fans.  I am assuming Greeneville may not have the depth as in past, assuming. Right Central Huge game another all-time great game to see. Boy this year is loaded with good games for East Tennessee 4A. With what Greeneville has coming back this will another challenging year for the Mavericks.

Good luck Swipes and the Devils. I am sick of Crow for Thanksgiving! Haha lol have a good season!

Nevermind just seen you post on depth.... scratch the assumption...

good post Mav! Lots of respect your way. Now sit down, relax and breathe….. GUDGER WAS A JUNIOR last year.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Thanks Swipes. The speed with just Gudgar (spelling correct?) but he took it all the way each time he played us. I am so glad he's gone lol but from bad to worse now with the tracksters I read about at Greeneville this will be exciting year for Greeneville fans.  I am assuming Greeneville may not have the depth as in past, assuming. Right Central Huge game another all-time great game to see. Boy this year is loaded with good games for East Tennessee 4A. With what Greeneville has coming back this will another challenging year for the Mavericks.

Good luck Swipes and the Devils. I am sick of Crow for Thanksgiving! Haha lol have a good season!

Nevermind just seen you post on depth.... scratch the assumption...

You still have one more year of Gudger lol (He put up 295lb on the hang clean yesterday).  He was on that 4 X 100 team and was 12th in the state in the 100.  Jaden Stevens the WR who took the end and around last year for a TD against the Mavs is the fastest on the team finishing 4th in 100 meter this year with a 10.75 and 2nd in the Long Jump.

Adding SD to 4a definitely makes it a 4 team race instead of a 3 team race like years past.  Greeneville will have depth with how few Seniors there were last year, It should be an exciting season!!!

Edited by Swipes

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

You still have one more year of Gudger lol (He put up 295lb on the hang clean yesterday).  He was on that 4 X 100 team and was 12th in the state in the 100.  Jaden Stevens the WR who took the end and around last year for a TD against the Mavs is the fastest on the team finishing 4th in 100 meter this year with a 10.75 and 2nd in the Long Jump.

Adding SD to 4a definitely makes it a 4 team race instead of a 3 team race like years past.  Greeneville will have depth with how few Seniors there were last year, It should be an exciting season!!!

It's looks like Greeneville is primed and Ready. Guess we will be the first to see what Betsy has this year. I say let's get this party started!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Mavs had  their youth camp this week. It is Full Pad, and always well attended.  I  have been coming to camps there for over 20 years, mostly to watch my kids go , and I think this was the biggest one I have ever seen.   The coaches do a great job with the drills and use the players to bring the energy.  This year , they had the new Jumbo Tron turned on and it is a WOW.  They have made some great videos from the past and pieced them together with the music to hi-light the former teams.  I watched the Mavs finish the 7v7 season with Hardin Valley on Tuesday.  HVA doesn't throw the ball a lot , so it really isn't their wheelhouse. Martinez was as good as billed. He threw to at least 8 different receivers, but the defensive line was the show.  They did some big man drills with HVA, and the Mavs  controlled that from start to stop as well.  I know it gets different when you get pads on  and the one on one blocking changes to pulling guards and trap blocks, but the Maverick Defensive line won every one on one rep that I watched. It was good to see the big guys getting some reps, not just the 7v7.  The Mavs went with Farragut Thursday, and again Farragut had no answer for the Mavs Passing game. Farragut has some good players but the Mavs were running wild and Martinez was throwing darts the entire time.  Farragut has good looking tall players, and some good size at linebacker, but the Maverick receivers were running open almost the entire 2 hour period.  The Mavs put the shoulder pads on Wednesday and scrimmage the following week at Stone Memorial before welcoming 6A Powerhouse Kingsport DB to Maverickland for the first time ever.  That may be a regular season atmosphere for DB and AC.  I expect a full house for that scrimmage.   Let's Put the Pads On Finally.  

1 hour ago, olhickory said:

Mavs had  their youth camp this week. It is Full Pad, and always well attended.  I  have been coming to camps there for over 20 years, mostly to watch my kids go , and I think this was the biggest one I have ever seen.   The coaches do a great job with the drills and use the players to bring the energy.  This year , they had the new Jumbo Tron turned on and it is a WOW.  They have made some great videos from the past and pieced them together with the music to hi-light the former teams.  I watched the Mavs finish the 7v7 season with Hardin Valley on Tuesday.  HVA doesn't throw the ball a lot , so it really isn't their wheelhouse. Martinez was as good as billed. He threw to at least 8 different receivers, but the defensive line was the show.  They did some big man drills with HVA, and the Mavs  controlled that from start to stop as well.  I know it gets different when you get pads on  and the one on one blocking changes to pulling guards and trap blocks, but the Maverick Defensive line won every one on one rep that I watched. It was good to see the big guys getting some reps, not just the 7v7.  The Mavs went with Farragut Thursday, and again Farragut had no answer for the Mavs Passing game. Farragut has some good players but the Mavs were running wild and Martinez was throwing darts the entire time.  Farragut has good looking tall players, and some good size at linebacker, but the Maverick receivers were running open almost the entire 2 hour period.  The Mavs put the shoulder pads on Wednesday and scrimmage the following week at Stone Memorial before welcoming 6A Powerhouse Kingsport DB to Maverickland for the first time ever.  That may be a regular season atmosphere for DB and AC.  I expect a full house for that scrimmage.   Let's Put the Pads On Finally.  

Good post, very informative. DB graduated heavily last season. I’m looking at AC winning this one if both coaches scrimmage like a real game situation. A lot of people think DB will finish in the 5 and 5 or 6-4 this year.

23 hours ago, olhickory said:

Great post again. Good update. Go Mavs!

On 7/18/2021 at 10:24 AM, olhickory said:

Heard the Mavs have possible D1 QB youth minicamp. Sounds like he's a winner.  :wink:

Mavs traveled to Hardin Valley Tuesday for 7v7.  I watched about the first 45 minutes and Martinez completed all but three balls.  The Mavs hit from all over the field and scored at will with their rotating  group of receivers.  The real fun was watching the guys up front battle with a tug a war and tire flip contest.  I know none of this has anything to do with putting the pads on and getting after it, but it was fun to watch.  With that being said , I got to slip out of work for a few and watch practice in helmet and shoulder pads on Wednesday and the Mavs came out and did what they seem to always do.  The Bigs went got some great work with one on ones and picking up blitzes, and Martinez and Co went on the other end and put on a passing exhibition for about and hour.  Noe looks huge, he runs like a tank, Shannon has added a few pounds and will be an issue for opposing offensive and defensive coordinators.  They had some length on the field at receiver with Vowell leading the way and 1, 3, 30,34 all making big targets for Martinez.  Terry, 5,6, are smaller quicker receivers who catch balls and turn them into first downs and bigger plays with their feet.  Defensively, I got to see Nelson and DL get some work.  The Mavs look to be big and athletic in the front 7, and seem to have the same group they had last season in the back end of the defense which held up well last season.  I saw a few new players that I didn't know, and I will excited to see who they are.  I will be around next week some to see how the first week in full gear goes. I am not sure I can get to Stone Memorial for the scrimmage but will be at the DB scrimmage to watch .