Evan Russell

tradertwo

Forgive me for bragging, but I'd like to give a tip of the cap to one of Scotts Hill's own. For the second time this season, Evan hit three dingers for the Vols in an SEC game (Mar. 27 LSU)... the third yesterday was a grand slam that secured the win against Vandy, and was his second of the game against Jack Leiter, who is the projected first pick in this year's draft.

Let 'em hear that roar Evan!

# ONCE A LION, ALWAYS A LION

• Like 1

On 4/18/2021 at 11:59 AM, tradertwo said:

Forgive me for bragging, but I'd like to give a tip of the cap to one of Scotts Hill's own. For the second time this season, Evan hit three dingers for the Vols in an SEC game (Mar. 27 LSU)... the third yesterday was a grand slam that secured the win against Vandy, and was his second of the game against Jack Leiter, who is the projected first pick in this year's draft.

Let 'em hear that roar Evan!

# ONCE A LION, ALWAYS A LION

Watched Evan play several times in high school, he was a stud. Have kept up with him at UT as well. Seen those multiple home run games. Happy for the young man. He’s a junior this year right?

On 4/24/2021 at 7:09 AM, Tigersandcats said:

Watched Evan play several times in high school, he was a stud. Have kept up with him at UT as well. Seen those multiple home run games. Happy for the young man. He’s a junior this year right?

I believe that you're right, but not sure...time get's away from me faster and faster as I get older and older!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Evan is a smart and hard working kid that was a walkon for the Vols.  Yes, he has some defensive deficiencies behind the plate but he is a serviceable NCAA D1 receiver.  My intuition tells me that Evan will be successful at wherever his career path leads him.  He is the type of college player that everyone should want on the team.

10 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Vols lineup is so dangerous and Evan is a huge part of that. Didn't he play football as well? 

Yes...he was (is) the nicest, most polite kid you'll ever see, bowtie wearing, goofy demenor, "nerdy" vibe and all. What you wouldn't have guessed was that he was the hardest hitting, and most competitive player ever to wear a Lion jersey.