FRIDAY MAIN EVENT REGION PREVIEWS BEGIN ON MONDAY!

12 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Pretty weak schedule.Just seeing one team that Will be a challenge.

Most definitely not the way to get tuned up for a team that has as much potential as the Rebels do this season, but then again we’ve heard that at Peabody year in and out, this year I think our schedule is ridiculous but coach knows more than me !

On 4/27/2021 at 10:18 AM, FridayMainEvent said:

I'm sure your right, Yeti.   If you listen closely, you'll probably hear more mistakes.    I combine information I had heading into last season with looking over every teams HUDL account.   I don't send out surveys to every school like Donovan and Murphy do, so I'll definitely make more mistakes.   Appreciate you keeping me straight.

Was just letting ya know man. Also enjoyed your 2A preview. Great work again.

17 hours ago, mrbigster said:

Pretty weak schedule.Just seeing one team that Will be a challenge.

Yeah...unfortunately, that region is not very good.  Outside of Huntingdon, Obion and Chester Co, I don't see the Rebels being challenged very much.  I wish we could have put Huntingdon, Chester Co, and Obion toward the bottom. 

4 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

Most definitely not the way to get tuned up for a team that has as much potential as the Rebels do this season, but then again we’ve heard that at Peabody year in and out, this year I think our schedule is ridiculous but coach knows more than me !

I really wish we could have gotten Peabody on the schedule.  I am worried we will fall in the same trap Huntingdon has the last few years.  The Hostess Cupcake factory for region and then you get nailed with the Carlos Bakery premium brand in the playoffs. 

1 hour ago, VOLnWTN said:

I really wish we could have gotten Peabody on the schedule.  I am worried we will fall in the same trap Huntingdon has the last few years.  The Hostess Cupcake factory for region and then you get nailed with the Carlos Bakery premium brand in the playoffs. 

Coach would never schedule an out of region game with someone they might meet in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Yeah...unfortunately, that region is not very good.  Outside of Huntingdon, Obion and Chester Co, I don't see the Rebels being challenged very much.  I wish we could have put Huntingdon, Chester Co, and Obion toward the bottom. 

If you are challenged by Obion and Chester that doesn’t bode well for your team. If you have championship aspirations you will be able to handle those two teams with ease. 

8 minutes ago, BIGPURPLEMACHINE said:

If you are challenged by Obion and Chester that doesn’t bode well for your team. If you have championship aspirations you will be able to handle those two teams with ease. 

Well, I didn't want to say it, but yeah you are right. I don't see either of them being able to match speed on the edges.  Everyone is talking about Taylor but we have a couple more burners that are going to surprise some people.  We for sure won't be one dimensional on offense.  Cassidy (QB) can run and he keeps his eyes down field. So if he "takes off", he may stop and drop a dime on you if you come up too quick.  Eitajay Tharpe and Colin McClerrin will be two more speedsters we will have. 

And you never know with Huntingdon next year.  I know they are going through some growing pains right now but it is still Huntingdon and I have much respect for them.  

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, VOLnWTN said:

Well, I didn't want to say it, but yeah you are right. I don't see either of them being able to match speed on the edges.  Everyone is talking about Taylor but we have a couple more burners that are going to surprise some people.  We for sure won't be one dimensional on offense.  Cassidy (QB) can run and he keeps his eyes down field. So if he "takes off", he may stop and drop a dime on you if you come up too quick.  Eitajay Tharpe and Colin McClerrin will be two more speedsters we will have. 

And you never know with Huntingdon next year.  I know they are going through some growing pains right now but it is still Huntingdon and I have much respect for them.  

Well we will have sort of a measuring stick if Peabody meets McKenzie in round 4 through both playing Huntingdon. Although we know that playoffs change everything too.

You know I have heard about how hard a lot of schedules are but nobody has mentioned Huntington’s. Milan, Westview, Peabody, McKenzie, Union City. That’s a rough lineup for any school. 

• Upvote 1