( The New ) District 1 AA

21 hours ago, TheUltimateWarrior98 said:

1. Chuckey Doak

2. Johnson County 

3. South Greene

4. Happy Valley

5. West Greene

I'm sure all of these teams are just as excited as we are to get out of their old conference and into this new one. Looking forward to the season and people's thoughts on the new conference. 

Chuckey-Doak will own the league in both sports. They have a lot of young talent that will progress with experience. 

1 hour ago, baldeagle22 said:

Chuckey-Doak will own the league in both sports. They have a lot of young talent that will progress with experience. 

Idk about that one Eagle. We have went 3-0 against CD the last 2 years on the girls side. Only played once last year because of Covid. A good incoming class will help them out but our senior through sophomore class didn't lose to CD in middle school 1 time. I believe we were 7-0 over those 3 years but don't quote me on that exact number. 

1 hour ago, Dadof2 said:

South Greene will win this district pretty much every year. The other four teams were 19-58 last season combined. 

I agree SG is the favorite but we went 14-11 last year and 17-13 the year before. If the whole group won 19 games combined thats bad. But I don't think we should be put in with the bad group. CoachT has us at 10-9 last year. That is just a tad off because of cancelled Covid games and rescheduled games. 

Edited by TheUltimateWarrior98
More information

2 minutes ago, 99SportsFan said:

I think SG will be the favorite. Second place will be up for grabs.

I think CD boys will give SG a fit. The Derry boy is long and athletic and a whole summer of running could get him in good shape to wear everybody out this year. The young core around him is very talented as well.

Edited by baldeagle22

3 hours ago, baldeagle22 said:

I think CD boys will give SG a fit. The Derry boy is long and athletic and a whole summer of running could get him in good shape to wear everybody out this year. The young core around him is very talented as well.

CD does have a good young group but I think they are still a year away. SG has an experienced and talented group but I do think there will be a lot of competitive games in the league this coming season.

A little back story on our group. We had 2 seniors last year but only 1 played significant minutes. We will fill those 2 starting spots with a girl from Science Hill who will be eligible about a month into the season and our 6th man from last year who was the AA Newcomer of the year in our old conference. So the starting 5 is pretty solid it's our bench and lack of depth that will give us fits probably. Last year we only played 6 kids on varsity and I don't see that changing much next year.