NHSCA Banner Year for TN

durdon

4 hours ago, Ummmno said:

Imagine if he won. Then it gets back that he cheated and wrestled a weight he wasn't allowed to wrestle. That looks bad on Cleveland and TN wrestling as a whole. He knew what he was doing. We just got lucky he went 1-2.

Just seems like you are taking an opportunity to bash a kid you don't like.  The onus is on the tournament director to allow them or not allow them.  He stepped on the scale, he qualified for the weight he wrestled.  Maybe they were lax this year due to covid.  Maybe if you have it out for that kid so bad you should reach out and turn him in, then they can tell you directly that it didn't matter, he wrestled the weight he weighed in at. idk, give it a shot.

28 minutes ago, Biffmar4 said:

he qualified for the weight he wrestled. 

he acutally didn't qualify for the weight he wrestled since he was never certified to wrestle that weight to begin with.

but by all means, keep condoning cheating like everybody else on here.

5 minutes ago, Midtnwtrestling said:

If I’m not mistaken I don’t think that rule stood this year because of Covid. Some states didn’t have a state tournament or they were having them later. Plus there was. 3lb allowance as well. 

According to the rules listed on their website, you are mistaken. The rules stood despite covid.

Also, per trackwrestling his lowest weight able to wrestle was above the weight with the weight allowance.

On 4/27/2021 at 5:23 PM, Ummmno said:

According to the rules listed on their website, you are mistaken. The rules stood despite covid.

Also, per trackwrestling his lowest weight able to wrestle was above the weight with the weight allowance.

Not sure why you feel the need to bash a kid on a public forum. Unless you are a Cleveland coach or have access to there roster on track not sure you could ever know what weight class Jackson certified at. For example my son wrestled all over the place this year. Certified at 120.3 wrestled half of the season at 132 then the other half at 138.  He was entered NHSCA at 126, and will wrestle 132 the most of this season.  Would you have called him a cheat if he wrestled 120 or 126 at NHSCA?  Be proud of theses southern kids doing well instead of trying to find fault with them.  

what weight class do you think Jackson certified at?  If you just looked at his weigh ins on track you don’t have a clue. 

Sid Mason 

2 hours ago, Mason422 said:

Not sure why you feel the need to bash a kid on a public forum. Unless you are a Cleveland coach or have access to there roster on track not sure you could ever know what weight class Jackson certified at. For example my son wrestled all over the place this year. Certified at 120.3 wrestled half of the season at 132 then the other half at 138.  He was entered NHSCA at 126, and will wrestle 132 the most of this season.  Would you have called him a cheat if he wrestled 120 or 126 at NHSCA?  Be proud of theses southern kids doing well instead of trying to find fault with them.  

what weight class do you think Jackson certified at?  If you just looked at his weigh ins on track you don’t have a clue. 

Sid Mason 

Mr Mason

Due to your sons certification at 120.3lb (to high for 119lb) he would not have been allowed to wrestle below 126lb without going through the recertification process.  

33 minutes ago, cbg said:

Mr Mason

Due to your sons certification at 120.3lb (to high for 119lb) he would not have been allowed to wrestle below 126lb without going through the recertification process.  

Lol. Been a long time since there was a 119 weight class.  My point was that guy can’t have a clue what Jackson certified at.  Just on here bashing kids. I rarely comment on here but ever who Umnooo or ever what he calls himself is always stiring the pot.  I personally hate the user names.  Wish everyone would state who they are if they are gonna be so negative all of the time. 

Sid Mason

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 4/27/2021 at 9:12 AM, Ummmno said:

Imagine if he won. Then it gets back that he cheated and wrestled a weight he wasn't allowed to wrestle. That looks bad on Cleveland and TN wrestling as a whole. He knew what he was doing. We just got lucky he went 1-2.

A young man going to battle in a nat tourney never looks bad!! load which ever one of your buddies kid that Jackson probly beats and see how he does!!! Not as easy to be a placer at these as you idgets think !!! Lucky he went 1-2 wth  

• Upvote 1

Kudos to those traveling and going after the best competition you can find right now.

Sporting rules are commonly pertinent to those who enforce them, and why. Sort of like speed limits or certain other fees around the country,,,, revenue from those pricey tickets vs a tourism hot $pot.

In this case, drawing talent & maintaining a reputation of having the most balanced, well seeded tournament possible with some heavy hitters not even coming as a result of recent year craziness may be to blame, imo.

This year, much of this may only been a measuring stick...

https://www.flowrestling.org/articles/7013404-national-prep-championship-preview

...Again, glad to see several traveling and making some noise!!

Edited by Sommers

7 hours ago, Mason422 said:

Lol. Been a long time since there was a 119 weight class.  My point was that guy can’t have a clue what Jackson certified at.  Just on here bashing kids. I rarely comment on here but ever who Umnooo or ever what he calls himself is always stiring the pot.  I personally hate the user names.  Wish everyone would state who they are if they are gonna be so negative all of the time. 

Sid Mason

My apologies for the typo