Tyner

Sequatchie33

Coach Chandler is a good man and from what I have heard, he has brought some solid coaches who had been with him at Ooltewah.  With all of the changes I think they missed spring practice once again and probably fell further behind others in the region(Meigs, Marion, Bledsoe - even Polk) in the weight room. Heard that there was a decent number of kids out for practice on Tuesday which is encouraging.  I was beginning to wonder if the program was even going to continue.

As a Tyner alum and someone who has had an eye on the program the last several years, I am thankful that Coach Chandler took on this challenge and some of the bright young former OHS coaches agreed to come with him.  Like Coach T - Coach Chandler will be a positive role model for the kids and will help instill character and life lessons more important than football.  They may end up being more competitive then I thought but by competitive I mean having a chance to make the playoffs and probably win non region contests against Brainerd, Howard and maybe even Soddy Daisy if the Trojans are still down.  Very tough schedule and Meigs, Marion, Bledsoe should be clearly better but at least we have a coach and the boys are back practicing.

Also, it was finally announced publicly that Tyrus Ward will coach at UTC on the defensive side replacing the retiring David Bibee.

Go Rams!