Catholic naming coach today

JohnnyUtah

9 minutes ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Catholic names Korey Mobbs, coached the last 7 years at Lanier HS in Georgia. Interesting hire when you look at local coaches that would have taken it and ran just because of the ability to recruit. 

Exactly as I suspected. they've secretly had their eye on Korey Mobbs for years I bet.  They've been eyeing that 73% winning percentage since the state Semifinal run of 98.

4 hours ago, JohnnyUtah said:

Not sure we will ever know that, but going outside the area is a risky move to me especially to one who has a mediocre record. 

I had though so at first when I saw he went 4-5 last year. My first thoughts were more people over at Catholic must be hitting the bottle besides the old football coach but turns out he looks like the right person for the job. Liked his press conference yesterday and the thought he likes to play a tough schedule so I see some Maryville-Catholic games possibly for the future if all holds true.

9 hours ago, IrishBBall said:

He started the program the second year the school was open in 6A Georgia football. Not the easiest starting point.

I wish the coach well and hope he is the right one. Best job in Knoxville area to open up since Maryville after Goat left. Catholic went unknown with a record that is mediocre regardless of the situation he was in. 

• 3 weeks later...
18 hours ago, orngnblk said:

Word is Greg Ryan will be the OC for Catholic.You all will be fun to watch!

My son played on the 2016 Catholic team that averaged 50 ppg and something like 700 yards of total offense per game. They scored 69 at Fulton. Injuries really hurt them in the playoffs that year. I was at ETSU when a Greg Ryan from what I’ve heard great offensive mind. 

Edited by QSouth89