Favorites with the new alignments? A, AA, AAA, AAAA

BallIsLife1

On 5/1/2021 at 9:23 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

Be hard not to see Clay Co with a great shot at winning Single A again with only losing one player and returning Mr. Basketball. 

Agreed they will be one of the favorites but any Memphis team that makes it will be THE favorite. MAHS had kids move in right before the region tournament last year so you never know who will show up on a team from down there. 

52 minutes ago, UCSportsFan said:

Agreed they will be one of the favorites but any Memphis team that makes it will be THE favorite. MAHS had kids move in right before the region tournament last year so you never know who will show up on a team from down there. 

I'm gonna give you a big headache.....you ready?

Because SCS didn't play last year it's all wide open. Kids can now transfer anywhere they want and play right away.

4 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

Because SCS didn't play last year it's all wide open. Kids can now transfer anywhere they want and play right away.

They already could transfer without penalty!  Why is it going to be any different now?  Look what happened in Germantown this year or Wiseman from East... from here on out it will just be about which coach has better AAU ties or which one can do a better job recruiting the talent in Shelby County. Memphis is always going to be the epitome of talent in the state, but as long as they can pick and choose who is on their rosters especially in single and double A it will never be fair to the other teams trying to pick from a couple feeder schools. 

6 hours ago, warmachine7954 said:

I believe he's referring to the fact that players have now gone a year without an athletic record so they would be eligible to "relocate" to any school in the state.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NWhoopaholic said:

I believe he's referring to the fact that players have now gone a year without an athletic record so they would be eligible to "relocate" to any school in the state.

As should be for the kids sake,  but it doesn’t change anything still in SCS if they wanted out last year they could have went to a school system that was playing. A bunch of the better caliber athletes did that or went to a place like MAHS that was still playing. The thing that gets me is what about the kids that couldn’t afford to move or didn’t get any financial help from school administrators or boosters. Those kids just missed a year they won’t get back and this rule he’s talking about is only going to apply to the minority of athletes in Memphis. 

• 3 months later...
On 5/1/2021 at 9:23 PM, RodgerDodger32 said:

Be hard not to see Clay Co with a great shot at winning Single A again with only losing one player and returning Mr. Basketball. 

Pickett made the semifinals at the state tournament and lost a senior starter. Clay will be hurt losing Silk more. The PC player who graduated was very good, but Silk was a bigger scorer. PC will be challenging them this year. Clay depends heavily on Strong but PC is far more balanced. If you stop one PC  player, there's plenty of firepower left.

On 4/30/2021 at 9:40 PM, chill said:

Is Tamba not about to reclassify and put on the Orange? 

He announced in July that he was reclassifying and signing with the Big Orange, I guess the worst kept secret in Knoxville lol.  The rim protection Tamba provided will be missed.  Edwards, Patterson, Warren and Cain will be called on to score more this year than last. Freshman post player Deondrea Lindsey (6"8) and returning sophomore post Alex Doerger (6'7) will have to step up and provide the Irish with an inside presence and some rebounding.   Edwards led the Irish in rebounding as a PG, he just might do it again this year. The Irish schedule will be tough with so many young varsity players, they are playing nationally ranked Sunrise Christian (KS); a game in Atlanta to play Norcross; the Battle in the Bluff II Showcase in Memphis and then Arby's Classic. Some young guys will have to grow up fast.