2A Region 5 Preview

Overland

1 hour ago, Firewalker513 said:

It was a good game. Forrest did what they needed to do and put the game away.  Lots of hitting going on. Richland was without their DC, starting MLB, and one of their WR. May not have changed outcome, but certainly affected game. Also thought it was horribly officiated all they way around. Even the Forrest PA guys admittedly questioned several calls. 

I do agree with the officiating. I think Forrest was very lucky not to have a player thrown out of the game in the first half.

Almost to the end. Two interesting Region 5 vs Region 6 matchups will give us a glimpse of how the teams compare entering the playoffs. 

#1 Forrest hosts East Robertson

#2 Cascade Bye Week

#3 Summertown hosts Lewis County

#4 Richland hosts East Hickman

#5 Mt Pleasant hosts Spring Hill

#6 Loretto Bye Week

East Robertson at Forrest   

• JOEL CLINGER jclinger@mainstreetmediatn.com

East Robertson may be coming off of last week’s overtime loss to Westmoreland a little deflated. The Indians now need one more region win to advance to the playoffs.

This, however, is not a region game, and that is a good thing. Forrest just wrapped up the Region 5-2A crown last week.

The Indians need to do whatever they can to be ready to go against Whites Creek next week because that game will determine if they make the playoffs or not.

Pick: Forrest 34, East Robertson 14

47 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Westmoreland is a tough team. They lost to Watertown and TC by a COMBINED score of 22-7

The East Rob win over Jo Byrns is impressive too. They hammered them 27-0 while Cascade had to come from behind 22-14. ER beat JB worse than Clay County did. And Clay county beat the brakes off of Cornersville. Lot of Kevin Bacon logic to process there.

28 minutes ago, Salem said:

The East Rob win over Jo Byrns is impressive too. They hammered them 27-0 while Cascade had to come from behind 22-14. ER beat JB worse than Clay County did. And Clay county beat the brakes off of Cornersville. Lot of Kevin Bacon logic to process there.

i actually like this. ITS ALL WE HAVE. when someone uses it to predict victory it looks stupid. we arent doing that  

29 minutes ago, Salem said:

i gave up figuring out clay when they hammered cornersville then had to come from behind against jo burns and westy

1 hour ago, GeneralForrest said:

i gave up figuring out clay when they hammered cornersville then had to come from behind against jo burns and westy

Cornersville had to play the Clay County game without their running back who also plays linebacker. Clay County is very good and the dawgs were out of sync on both sides of the ball.   Rockets will be in the same situation this week if #1 is out. Big shoes to fill on offense and defense. 

Edited by Overland

1 hour ago, Overland said:

Cornersville had to play the Clay County game without their running back who also plays linebacker. Clay County is very good and the dawgs were out of sync on both sides of the ball.   Rockets will be in the same situation this week if #1 is out. Big shoes to fill on offense and defense. 

disagree completely. Forrest has 3 more of him. We are not a 1 back offense. all 4 backs have almost identical stats. I expect Bell and Swift to both have big games and if the coaching staff would figure out how to get Burchell the ball more than once every nine series, him too. 

Maurice's Picks are In. 

Mostradamus speaks: Predictions for Week 10 | Maury | mainstreetpreps.com

Spring Hill (0-7) at Mt. Pleasant (3-5): Offense has been in short supply for both these teams of late: Mt. Pleasant has scored just three touchdowns in its last 12 quarters, with one of those coming on a kickoff return, while the Raiders have scored once on each side of the ball over the same time frame. This matchup marks the renewal of a rivalry last played in 2014, with Spring Hill winning the last two contests and three over a six-year span to take a 15-9 advantage in the series. Sustaining drives and winning the turnover battle will key a victory for one of these squads. Mt. Pleasant 10, Spring Hill 6.

Lewis Co. (7-1) at Summertown (5-2): Eagles coach Dakota Crews faces off against his alma mater and his coach, Bobby Sharp, after taking a 42-21 loss a year ago as Summertown’s defensive coordinator. Though this isn’t a regional contest, it could conceivably be a preview of a postseason matchup, pending regular-season finishes for both teams. The Panthers’ only loss came in Week 2, to defending Class 1A state champ Fayetteville; since then, Lewis County has been on a roll behind 3A Mr. Football candidate Blake Carroll (1,093 all-purpose yards, 11 offensive TDs), outsourcing their last six opponents by an average of three touchdowns. Following its Week 9 win over Mt. Pleasant, Summertown will play its regular-season finale at Cascade with a shot at the Region 5-2A runner-up spot and a home game to open the playoffs. RB Javen Edmiston and QB Colton Shaffer, who teamed for 196 yards and a pair of rushing TDs vs. Mt. Pleasant, lead the Eagle attack. Lewis Co. 31, Summertown 23.

Richland (4-4) at East Hickman (5-2): Still in the hunt for a playoff spot out of Region 5-2A, the Raiders warm up for their decisive season finale at Loretto with a road trip -- and the Eagles are trying to secure their own postseason appearance out of 6-2A. East Hickman, idle last week, has won four of its last five outings and scored 40-plus points in each of those victories. Most recently, the Eagles downed Hickman County 43-40. The Raiders defeated Hickman County 42-7 for their first win of the season in Week 4. Richland has scored at least 35 points in each of its four victories, but comes off a 28-14 loss last week to visiting Forrest. QB Bryce Miller (784 passing yards, eight TDs) has provided the Raiders with a passing game to balance senior RB Sam Edwards (623 yards, seven TDs) on the ground. Richland 34, East Hickman 28.